1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Voldemort's Horcruxes

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Aldanon, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Aldanon

Aldanon Squib

I think that it was canon that he liked to use significant kills to make his horcruxes with, but was it ever specifically stated that they had to be significant? Was there any kind of ritual for them? I couldn't find anything like that, but it is possible that my internet-foo has failed me and I don't have access to the later books right now. Anybody remember anything like that?

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I remember it correctly, there was no need for the kill to be special to make a horcrux, and I think JKR went on record as saying that Voldemort cast a spell on himself before each kill so that he could break off the piece of his soul from the crack the kill made.

3. LuckyFelix

LuckyFelix Seventh Year

Yes. I believe Rowling also said somewhere that, for instance, the one he used on the Diadem was just some random Albanian that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. So not all of his were made from a significant death.