1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Voldemort's Son

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Cxjenious, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I've several ideas - not all pertaining to the title: one of which is an entirely new take on Harry-as-the-son-of-Voldemort. Namely, Harry is reincarnated, after a fashion, as Marvolo Lestrange, Bellatrix's and Voldemort's secret love-child. He doesn't retain memories ; just instincts, and of course, his indomitable will. There is no Harry Potter in this world - maybe a Harriet Potter, but certainly no Harry (and the girl won't be named Harriet either). James Potter was tortured into insanity - Lily lives; because the Harry of this world was born a girl, certain things never happened, and other subtle deviations will change the face of canon. Neville will be the Boy-who-lived. Everything else, for the most part, will be canon, with sometimes small and sometimes drastic changes, considering I abhor simple rehashes of canon, because they are all the same.

My main problem though, outside of finding different events to be the highlight of Marvolo's years at Hogwarts (besides the highlights of discovering his father's origin's and delving into overlooked and underdeveloped realms of magic), is whether to have Marvolo attend school with the Twins, the year after that, or with Neville and the rest. I'm leaning towards having him the same age as Neville and the rest, though a part of me wants him older and surrounded by different people from what's been seen in every other 'redo' fic.

My other idea involves the after-math of the final battle with a more realistic slant - namely, a lot of people die. I've never before seen Harry as a Dragon animagus, nor have I seen the animal lore of the Harry Potter world explored as I hope to explore in the fic. There's an unplottable island, the 'Isle of Drears', that I was going to have Harry explore, as well as the secret lore of the Macfusty's or Macfurty's - whatever they're called (a clan of Dragon Handlers in scotland.) This fic, really, was just going to be a lot of action; Harry killing death eaters, Harry killing monsters on the Isle, Harry fighting dragons, and Harry, eventually, being labeled 'Persona non Grata', on account of his foray's into Dark Magic, his disregard for the law, and his rather close association with the Devil.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

This does seem a little cliché. Harry as a dragon animagus has been done to death and from what I can read this will basically be just another canon do-over with Harry being much to smart and strong for his age.

Having said that, those stories do not have to be bad but you should probably find another focus of your story then Harry fighting dragons on some mystical island. I don't know how you feel but I believe the best stories are set inside JK Rowling's realm (Hogwarts, Grimauld Place etc.) and does not future a Harry who is just as smart as Voldemort at the age of 13.

Very smart children is one thing but most fanfic authors make them super-humans, studying much more then any human possibly could, especially not at that age.

Your idea is something a good author could pull of and I would probably give the story a chance but it is not original/exciting enough to make me really long for the fic.

3. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

No. Two different ideas. One, Marvolo Lestrange, son of voldemort, re-incarnation of Harry Potter with no knowledge of the future. The world is different, because some people didn't die, some people did die, someone was born a girl, and Voldy got it on with Bellatrix. Canon world, some canon events.... but different, entirely.

The other idea is a continuation of Harry Potter canon as is with a much more disastrous Final Battle. And I doubt anyone else's rendition of a magical animagus would match mine. But then again, maybe it has been done; you know, say someone became a phoenix animagus and didn't survive their first Burning Day? or perhaps a dragon animagus prone to uncontrollable rages with a taste for human flesh?

EDIT: The Isle of Drears is in Rowling's World. Read your lexicon. She was just too stupid to delve into it... I mean, what's do you think is hidden away on an island filled with such terrible beasts that its been made unplottable?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Both ideas suck. Badly.

But the Isle of Drears idea sucks less badly. I would actually read it. Harry rather closely associated with the devil, stuck on an unplottable island and fighting dragons appeals to my penis rather strongly.

5. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dragon animagus never been done before? You're new to FF aren't you?

Forget all about these ideas. Or write them. I really don't care, just don't expect too much approvel here unless they turn out to bend the laws of Fanfiction and turn out to be wtf-awesome.

Which they won't.

6. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

fapfapfapfapfapfapfap

7. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

wat I don't even

2005 join date? shame on you.

8. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Suck my balls, and please, use teeth.

And no, I've never read a dragon animagus Harry story, and I damn sure ain't new to fanfiction. I'm going to write my Marvolo Lestrange story, and you cockslaves are gonna love it.

9. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I hop it turns out to be awesome. Please post in WbA, I want to have the pleasure of pointing out any ways it doesn't please me.

10. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Don't wait up.

11. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

It's an uphill battle. If you're skilled enough a writer to transform this into a worthwhile read, you should really come up with better material.

12. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I concede.