1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III: TFT

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sol, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

Anyone here still play this or used to play this? I had my CD Key saved on my old laptop, but the monitor is messed up so I can't get to the CD key, and was wondering if anyone has a spare one they don't use.

If not, then you can always catch me on eurobattle.net if you want to play a game.

2. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

Shadowfrench has a CD Key ripper out. It takes the CD key that would have come with your CD, so I think that it would work.

I'm currently on East. Like, at this exact moment, I'm alt tabbed from a game. :awesome

3. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm on east as well. qt.mage and practice_mage

4. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

Whew. Managed to keep the laptop screen together long enough to rip the CD key off it. Thanks, Zarent.

5. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Was battle.net + all gateways down earlier?

Yea finally got some legit cd keys of a friend, no more free pvpgns for me :p

6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I still play this game to this day. WC3 with its custom maps and fairly good graphics will likely never get old, but Bnet has basically become DOTAnet. God I hate that map.

7. Skykes

Yea there are so many custom games, really amazing what people can do with a editor. Why don't you like DotA?

8. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I'm not entirely sure. It just reminds me of the early arena maps, like Angel Arena, that I never liked either. Something about them just rubs me the wrong way.

9. Skykes

I mostly play DotA, WoW Arena, couple of the "tower defense" maps, few of the "tag" maps,the map named "survival", Pudge wars and Pyramid escape is excellent also.

10. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Pyramid Escape, Survival, tags and TDs are the only good maps you named there. Hero wars don't interest me. >_>

11. Mage

Ladder is still the way to go... even if there are to many fucking hackers on the normal ladder. But I would highly recommend Gem TD's if you haven't played them. They're a lot of fun for a while.

12. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I don't know how old it is, but a few months ago I discovered the Castle Fight custom map. I haven't gone back yet... I can only recommend it to those who wants to try another form of strategy.

I used to be really into Footmen Frenzy and I still think it's a great map, but Castle Fight is just so much better.

Also, for a TD I still love the Warcraft Mauls. Duke Wintermaul absolutely created the genre for what it is and the Warcraft Mauls perfected it.

DOTA is in my opinion extremely boring. First, there is no real pushing involved when it comes the teams' armies, in fact I somehow doubt anyone has ever destroyed another team's base (probably not true).
    Second, all you do is kill the enemy heroes. If I wanted to do that, I'd play a much better first person shooter, like Medal of Honour or what not.
    I am not an expert of course, I just don't really get all the hype around the map.

As for Warcraft 3: TFT in general, it's probably one of the best games of all times, solely based on the fact that its longevity is practically endless. I know that I'll probably still play the game years from now.

I think the only thing bringing the game down is that it seems like 9 out of ten is under the age of 16.

13. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Starcraft had better and more variety in their UMS maps. <_<

14. Skykes

Anybody else like the "Worm war" map? The only downside is that the game host nearly always wins.

As for the DotA haters; How many games have you actually played?(I will probably hit my 1000th game this weekend, 100% geek I know)I know public games can be rather shitty, what with all the people lagging and leaving, or just feeding the other team but once you get good enough to play tourney games, or just clan matches its great.

15. Mage

I agree that DOTA is a brilliant game, however I both dislike it and despise it. I dislike it because I enjoy having multiple units and base building and such. The items are a really good factor that DOTA has going for it however, and the teamwork in a lag free environment can be out of this world. I despise it however because it steals so many great ladder players.

Edit: Really ironic, but for all the DOTA players out there, heads up. http://www.wcreplays.com/page?section=scene&id=1288

Read the article, apparently there's a virus going around

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  16. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Wow, sucks to be a Dota fan, but let's hope Blizzard manages to fix it with a patch before it spreads to other games. I must admit I've wondered if there was any possible way to get a virus from any of the maps you download. Seems like I just got an answer.

Well first off, despite what you may think, I don't hate Dota. In fact, I think it's a pretty decent game. I just don't understand the awesomeness that Dota supposedly is. In all fairness, the game-play of the map is just like a fps on a ffa map (team ffa, whatever) which admittedly is pretty cool, considering this is a rts game. Personally I prefer having to deal with a number of units, not just a hero and that's probably why I'm not a fan of Dota.

However, I do think we can all agree that Warcraft 3 rules because the game allows us to play almost anything within the same bloody game. That, ladies and gentlemen, never seizes to amaze me.

17. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Haha back in the day DLP had a pretty active little group of WC3 players.

Had our own hamachi server, playing Dota and a buttload of custom maps.

I miss it xD

18. Skykes

Well if anybody wants to play, add me as a friend on eurobattle.net as Skykes or on Northrend as hertz.

19. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

lols, DotA is one of the biggest games in the world at the moment. DotA takes real skill to play, the serious amount of different things you have to keep a track of plus the massive element of teamwork jsut makes it that much better. I've played it for like 4 years now and only now have I begun to fight toe to toe with the best around in ladders and clan wars.

A hour a game jsut makes that much more of a commitment compared to other games when the slightest mishap can loose you the game. Sure you might have a isngle hero, but the items you choose, your last hitting ability, who you team mates choose all play a huge role in whether you are going to win or not. It is by far a game you can just go and play a random game of, it helps to play with friends and thats when you actually get coordinated games of which you get some real crazy things going on like standoffs, you both know where each other is and wait for the other to move first. I love it, hasn't been a better game made IMO RTS wise.

20. Skykes

Would anybody be interested in setting up a dedicated hamachi server for TFT (DotA mostly) or maybe play on a PvPGN ?

Make a DLP clan, have weekend games etc