1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP We are nothing by Ruskbyte - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Hero of Stupidity, May 1, 2011.

1. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: We are nothing
    Author: Ruskbyte
    Rating: M
    Genre: Horror/Supernatural
    DLP Category: Dark Arts
    Pairing: None
    Summary: Snape's Occlumency lessons have shattered the last defences of Harry's mind. Now, completely unprotected, his dreams have become home to a nightmare other than Voldemort. A nightmare that has taken on a life of its own. Harry Potter/A Nightmare on Elm Street Crossover
    Link: FF.net

A typical Ruskbyte work. It's only 5 chapters(34000 words) but I think we can see where this is headed. I won't say much about the plot because it would be telling but we can see some gruesome death scenes, a few unexpected deaths aand so much more.

It isn't the best since the cakes lie ,but it keeps me entertained.Plus it's Freddy.

2. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

To the landfill of abandoned stories like every other multi-chapter fic Ruskbyte's ever started? :awesome

3. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Eventually, he will finish them. I have complete faith in him. *Strikes a heroic pose. Looks away to the sunset.*

4. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

This is the best thing Ruskbyte's written since Culture Shock, and it's already half as long. The obvious Ruskbyte ending would be that Harry and Freddy end up leaving on good terms somehow, but something in me hopes that he bucks that and one of them kills/severely inconveniences the other. (If by some miracle we get any ending at all)

5. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Chapter 6 is up. It's getting better and better... And I liek it.

6. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Yeah, this is pretty awesome.

Pansy's death was very well done.

7. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Luna seemed supremely creepy in this chapter, and that's the best kind of Luna.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pretty cool story and the deaths are different enough to be interesting every time. I noticed a few spelling/grammar errors though, so down to 4/5 for me.

9. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

I just don't really see where this story should go. Just slashing yet another victim is a bit aimless and slashing for the sake of slashing might get a bit dull.

10. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

Thought it's better than those harry becoming independent in a night and decides to start pranking malfoy,snape and umbridge to get revenge.

5/5

11. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

That's Freddy in general, though.

12. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Exactly. That is why I find this story boring.

I know this is just me not liking the genre, but there is nothing in it but pointless murder.

13. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

That's maybe because YOU'RE boring?! o_O

I absolutely LOVE the story so far. I really, really hope he finishes the story! 5/5 from me, so far. I'll vote officially on this site when there's more chapters.

14. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

I give it a 4/5. It's good, but it feels like it's lacking that last little bit of shiny awesomeness that would push it into 5/5 territory. Maybe the next chapters will change that.

I know better than to get my hopes up about this being finished, but based on the rate of updates I'm starting to think there's an end in sight.

15. Portus

Portus Heir

Meh. It started out very interestingly, but became boring quite quickly. With the author's stated "no one is safe" mantra, I expected Hermione or Ron or McGonagall or even Dumbledore (you get the picture) to have been killed by now. Snape and Malfoy and even Finnegan are to be expected given the context, but why not Umbridge already?

To completely kill the story for me, there's the fact that Harry is apparently a sociopath, since he knows for certain what's causing all this, and yet he's kept his mouth shut and his head down, hoping he isn't blamed. It's just so OOC that I can't get behind it.

I'm sure someone will say that Harry is traumatized by Snape's attacks, etc., but in any case, it's nothing more than a guilty pleasure fic, no matter the next victim.

3/5 for an interesting premise.

16. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

Pretty much what Portus said. It started out great but now it's just repeated killing off of minor characters with no real plot advancement or suddenness to their deaths since he's given away the victim in advance every time. It's pretty ridiculous that Harry hasn't told someone whats going on or made atleast a bit more effort to find out how to stop things quickly, rather than wait god knows how long for Hermione's parents to reply.

3/5 as is, with the possibility of being a 4/5 if it picks up.

17. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Keeping your head down when something deadly is going around wantonly murdering others isn't the act of a sociopath, it's human nature. It being completely and utterly against Harry's nature, that part I agree with.

18. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

So telling responsible adults like Dumbledore and being forceful about dreamless sleep potion is irrational?
    I'd expect him to care a bit more about other people.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Question. How can he contact Dumbledore when even the other teachers don't know where he is?

20. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter

And by the way, he was afraid that he will go to azkaban.
    Even he has his limits. He doesn't want to go to dementor infested prison over a few hated enemies deaths.