1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

We post our favorite Pokemon, others rate them

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Andrela, May 23, 2020.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

As the thread title says, post up to six of your favorite Pokemon and other people rate them and try to figure out what your favorites say about you.

Also, if you want, Hard Mode: No Starters/Legendaries/Mythicals. But only if you want.

Here are my favorites:

Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Umbreon, Skarmory, Mawile, Banette.

[​IMG]

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll play.

You definitely like fierce and scary-looking Pokemon. All of them are "sharp." Not sure what that says about you other than you seem to prefer Pokemon that look cool and can be considered weird, like Kabutops and Mawile. I can say it doesn't look like you've played more recent games since everything here is gen three and down.

Ratings: Kabutops is a good choice, very fun Pokemon; Aerodactyl is more popular, I'm a bit neutral on it; Umbreon is cute with a nice shiny form; Skarmory is a good competitive Pokemon if you keep it away from special attacks; I've never actually used a Mawile; Banette is a solid ghost-type, I'm vaguely fond of it.

My favorites: Mamoswine, Masquerain, Volcarona, Dragalge, Meganium, and Sylveon. If no starters, swap Meganium for Flygon.

[​IMG]

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kabutops. It's a prehistoric ninja death crustacean. Design wise it's a solid 8/10. Game wise? It's trash tier with shitty defenses and an absolutely horrid x4 grass weakness and that brings it down to a 6/10.

Aerodactyl: One of my favourite 'mons. An absolute speedster with high attack to boot. 7/10 design bumped up to an overall 8/10.

Umbreon: Many people's favourite Eeveelution because it was the flagship Pokémon for Dark types. It has a sweet design and it's really useful in game as well as competitive because of it's sheer bulk. This thing is a tank and a top tier stall 'mon. 10/10

Skarmory: Skarmory is like marmite. You love it or you hate it. It's got a pretty nice design but it's fairly useless overall. It has access to swords dance, spikes etc... but it's no world beater. It's a solid Pokémon for a playthrough. 6/10

Mawile: Personally, I've always hated Mawile. I don't like its' design and while its' mega version is... Alright, base version is pretty shitty. 3/10

Banette: All ghost types are at least a little cook and Banette is a haunted doll that steals souls from children. Underwhelming in game but as with Mawile gets a decent mega. 6/10

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My HeartGold team has a special place in my heart:

[​IMG]

5. kelkorkesis

kelkorkesis DA Member

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    Mudkip #1

6. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Zee Boys, basically, Tytar and Typhlosion were from my Heartgold Team, Flygon and Gallade from my Black 2 Team, Serperior and Shiftry were from my Black Team.

They are, the boyz.

favpokemon2.png

7. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    There can only be one.

8. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My best friend and I were sharing our teams with each other yesterday, actually, so I already had a list ready. Not sure how you're all generating the images, though, sorry.

I've always had Dragonite, Sylveon, and Absol as my favorites. Dragonite is ultimate love.

Serperior, Furret, and Rhyperior complete the favorite team.

My friend and I may or may not have been speculating about Pokemon fiction regarding our teams. God, the moment Pokemon comes up between us we go full nerd.

9. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I feel like the reviewing aspect of this thread has been scrapped so people can drop their favourite team and peace out.

10. ExperiencedGamer

ExperiencedGamer Fourth Year

Don't much care about viability and synergy, or that half of these are Legendary... even though a lot of them (all but Articuno) were top-tier at some point or another. Not sure what that says about me.

Articuno, Lugia, Kyogre, Chandelure, Breloom, Slowbro

I have a few more favorites, but those are what came to mind first.

11. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maybe a little. Ugh, asking us for effort.

Paradise's Team - Clearly a vegetarian with how many grass types you've got in there. Gonna need Tyranitar to do its job and sweep the fire-type gyms and elites. Powerful team that's hurt a bit by type-advantages.

12. kelkorkesis

kelkorkesis DA Member

High Score:
    I am here to look cool pokeymans. I am not familiar with current state of pokemons to make a good review though. "I like Scizor too" also and "I prefered Gardevoir over Gallade" is not a meaningful review to post.

13. Paradise

fair, @kelkorkesis, your team is like super weak to dark types, also a bit of electric lawl.

@Vira you are going to get slapped around by fire types, but Mamoswine seems to be able to counter most of them. You only have two counters to Fire that I can see. 8/10, you are a far better team designer than I so I imagine there is something I'm missing.

@Andrela you have like 2 main types Rock, and Steel, so water and fire are going to rek you, watch out for that. Banette and Umberon are okay, your rock types will handle most bugs, but fighting is going to reck your shit. 7/10 Team, watch out for Water, Fire, and Fighting.

@TheWiseTomato Gyrados is a monster but he is weak as fuck to electric, maybe some ground types? 1/10 Monotyping is a bit weak to begin with, but having a mono-pokemon team, hm.

14. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Mudkip: fun if you like memes and only one crippling weakness down the line. Decent design, but it's the middle of the road Gen 3 starter for me. 7.8/10. 7/10.
    Aegislash: Solid, would have been a crying shame if not included in Sword/Shield. Great design. More interesting if you view it in a non-turnbased (aka more anime) setting too. 9/10.
    Shedinja: Intriguing concept gives it a lot of points, but anything that dies to a literal gust of wind isn't likely to end up on my list of favourites. Other Ghost-types do the spooky-scary soul stealing bit better as well. 8/10 design, 3/10 rest, make it 5.5/10 average.
    Alakazam: The OG Glass Cannon. I like Psychic-types, and Alakazam is a perfectly fine example of one. Gains a point bonus if you have vanilluxe in your team, but even baseline, it's a solid 8/10.
    Milotic: I'm sorry, but this just suffers from a case of sins of the pre-evolution. It's a good design, lovely counterpart to Gyarados, and a beast to fight on multiple occasions. Getting your hands on one for regular play either means you're bored as hell or you've been gulping down the Felix Felicis. 6/10.
    Rayquaza: As far as Legendaries go, this one doesn't really do it for me. I like Jirachi and Deoxys better in Gen 3, I don't like the streamers on its appearance in Mega form, and while it's undeniably a powerhouse, all Legendaries are. 6.5/10.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not even going to pretend my choice of pokemon has ever evolved what I think looks cool. Meta? What's that? My strategy is to defeat the foe in as few moves as possible.

Tyranitar is a close runner up, but as above, I'm not one to build a team around type advantages. Unless I want to roll with Shedinja, because fuck yo' fun.

16. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Here's my attempt at evaluating your personalities/tastes based on your choice in Pokemon. I feel vaguely like a fortuneteller, here.

There's a place in your heart for the cute and sentimental, but ultimately you like the coolness factor.

You like your mons with a gimmick: either they're an accomplishment to acquire, or have that extra something special to them that makes you love them.

You have fond memories of powering through caves and deserts with the strongest 'mons. You like your team to feel strong and intimidating.

You were never hugged as a child, so now you only like Pokemon with arms and legs. Maybe they'll hug you one day?

Ok! Now do me:

[​IMG]

Guess which one's my absolute favourite for extra bonus points.

17. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

We're posting our favourites, not competitive teams.

18. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Since I have no idea where those pics came from and I can't be fucked to photoshop something like it together, I'll use text. When I play Pokemon, my team is pretty much always:

1) Massively overleveled starter that solos every encounter ever
    2) HM bots stuck at whatever level I caught them at, except sometimes the magikarp I leveled into a gyrados to surf me

It works out fairly well in my experience.

If I had to pick a favorite of the starters, it'd probably be Infernape. The fire monkey just speaks to me.

[​IMG]

He's the best around, and nothing's ever gonna take him down.

19. Paradise

fair enough,

also the cave thing is totally true, fuck caves, they are worse than underwater levels. literally no one ever asks for more caves. The universal worst part of any pokemon game, is the caves

20. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

@Vira

Mamoswine - Good ice type, I like ancient-like Pokemon (hence Kabutops and Aerodactyl) so you're getting a 10/10 from me here.

Masquerain - I think Surskit is way cuter than his evolution, cause he looks like he blushes all the time. So that's a 5/10.

Volcarona - That's one scary looking bug, makes me nervous. No rating, would be unfair.

Dragalge - Isn't that just a differently-colored Kingdra? Looks like Kingdra's would-be Alolan version. 9/10 cause it looks badass.

Meganium - Treecko line is the best grass-starter line. But, Meganium is a dinosaur we're OK so 8/10.

Sylveon - Flesh ribbons. 7/10