1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Weapons of Mass Destruction By Allora Gale - T - Code Geass

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Stalin's Pipe Organs, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

Title: Weapons of Mass Destruction
    Author: Allora Gale
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama
    Fandom: Code Geass
    Pairings: N/A yet...
    Summary: Eight years after the beginning of the invasion, Japan is still steadfastly at war with its Britannian invaders thanks to the skilful leadership of Genbu Kururugi and the skills of a pair of boys with the potential to turn the war around.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7881659/1/Weapons-of-Mass-Destruction

Same author as Dauntless.

Lelouch is much more handicapped here then in that fic, where he just seems to steamroll everyone. There's also a lot of emotional stuff and angst going on here, I liked it and thought it was done well but that might not be your thing. Very good characterizations and descriptions of this alternate world.

The only minor issue I have is as of the last few chapters a couple of subplots have been developing. I'm a bit worried that WOMD will get bogged down in subplots like Dauntless and have its pacing shot to death. But this hasn't happened yet...

4.5/5

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Been reading this.

On a whole, the important bits of this fic don't feel high quality to me. Basically, anything to do with Lelouch and Suzaku just feel forced most of the time. Interestingly enough though, it's the subplots I find more interesting - Kallen's, Naoto's and Jeremiah's.

But then, I also didn't enjoy Dauntless as much everyone else seems to.

I'd give it a 3/5. Don't really think it's library quality, despite being fun at times. But who knows, if everything comes together from here, it may go up.