1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Well developed OCs?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by projectazuh, Jul 18, 2017.

1. projectazuh

projectazuh Squib

High Score:
    Hi everyone,

I was hoping you could point me in the direction of some stories which involve OCs (can be Harry/OC or not) where the OC makes a genuine impact on the story and not just rehashing canon with an extra character involved.

Cheers

2. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    Brother, include examples that fit the type you're looking for. It limits the suggestions to suit your particular tastes better and makes the recommendations less cumbersome to sieve through.

To answer your request, I've got a few.

Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi
    This fits what you're looking for. It features Harry/OC where the OC is actually three-dimensional and has a vested role in the story. You might've read it already.

Ectomancer by RustyRed
    This features some interesting OCs. They're magical creatures and they don't have an impact in the conventional sense, but they are integral to the story.

I dunno any other good fics featuring well-developed OCs that are important to the story, so there you have it.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean, I'll just be the first of a decent number of people screaming Grow Young With Me.

So yeah, Grow Young With Me by Taliesin19 contains perhaps my favorite OC in the fandom. Granted I haven't read many OC fics, but there you have it.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Hogwarts Houses Divided has terrific OCs. The main four characters are very fleshed out, very believably kids, yet dynamic enough to be... fun, is maybe the right word?

Their treatment felt very much like JKR's early treatment of her characters.

Also, Slytherin prefect Ophilia Karait, though not a major player, is nonetheless an OC that I vividly remember as being just... great, amazing, perfect... years after reading the story.