1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What Manga/Anime continuation you wish were made?

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Celestin, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Something I was wondering about recently. Can be a sequel, prequel, spin-off or even remake.

Hikaru no Go - sequel

While I consider a fanfic Neverending Road an unofficial continuation, I would like for it to have a proper sequel starting few years later when about 20 years old Hikaru and Akira are established players who just won their first major titles. I would build it around their rivarly to be the challenger for this year Meijin title (the titleholder could be Ogata) and add a little comedy and drama about their attempts to have a normal life and relationships outside of Go.

By the way, Iyama Yuta, the current holder of six major titles is like real life version of these guys.

Saint Seiya - sequel

While there are new series, I would like for the original anime and manga to have a definite ending with Heaven Chapter.

Tiger Mask - remake

Maybe not as a TV series, but as a movie and made by a studio who can do less computer clean drawings. 70-ties animation has it's charm for me.

By they way, anyone watched the live-action movie? Is it any good?

Houshin Engi - remake

Though rather than a remake, I would like for it to have a proper adaptation instead of only 26 episodes for 23 volumes manga.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    First thing that comes to mind is more seasons for No Game No Life.

Will compile a more thorough list later, but this is the one that instantly jumped to mind because I'd looked it up after I saw the first season.

Jon
  3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The few anime I can think of that need continuations are probably already going to get them once there's enough manga content (Attack on Titan, One Punch Man). Besides that, the vast majority of my favorites wouldn't be served well with continuations.

Maybe the original Hellsing anime (not Ultimate), but I don't think that's likely or even possible.

4. Celestin

That would be cool, even if only for the music.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gin no saji
    I can't understand what my Husband is saying
    Onee-chan ga kita (tomo-kuuuun!)
    NGNL

6. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Berserk. I mean I know a new CGI one is coming this year, but I loved the artwork in the original anime, and I don't know if this is a sequel or a rehash.

7. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Seconded. God damn hiatuses. First HxH and now Gin no Saji.

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Only one that really comes to mind for me is Hunter X Hunter. I wish it would get on a set schedule - even if it only updates, say, once every two months.

My favorite finished manga was Fullmetal Alchemist, but it tied things off really well. A spin-off featuring Mustang and his crew would be kinda cool, but Ed and Al wrapped up their storyline and I'm glad they didn't wring it dry with filler and whatnot.

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Speaking of manga, mainly

Eyeshield 21: There isn't really much to go, but I would like to see the games in the University league, with all those newly formed teams. Should be fun and interesting.

Great Teacher Onizuka: Again, doesn't necessarily need that, but I would like to see more there. More of the romance between that bullied kid and the bully girl, which was honestly speaking one of the best pieces of romance in manga that I've seen. Then the teacher, the students, well, just more there. All great characters and I want to spend more time with them.

Teppuu: This one just ended too soon, imo.

Second Hikaru no Go

10. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Quoted for truth.

Also, a ufotable adaption of Tsukihime would be brilliant. Or an adaption of the Fate route of Fate/stay night (this probably won't happen).

I would also love for Soul Eater to get a reboot that's more faithful to the manga at some point.

An adaption of the rest of The World God Only Knows would be great.

Oh, and a third season for Toaru Majutsu no Index. Same with Railgun. That would be cool.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

It's be nice to see Beelzebub picked back up, have its rushed (axed) ending handwaved out existence and be allowed to be done properly. The manga, I mean. The anime was terrible.

12. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I tried with the anime. Couldn't stand it going all 'Love Hina' with the protag getting the shit zapped out of him every three seconds.

Got old. Fast. Not even 'hot maid fringe eye chick' could save it...

13. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'd like more of the Hellsing manga, though I haven't gotten around to the anime yet. While it ended in a good place, I have to say Alucard's powers were some of the most interesting I've seen, even to date, and they got even more so right at the very end.

14. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

Off the top of my head School Rumble. It'd be nice to see another season with a proper ending.

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I don't really watch anime, but there are a few manga I would want a continuation of:

Slam Dunk - ;_; Best sports manga ever, good ending, but damn, don't I want more...

Vagabond - Does it show that I'm a huge Inoue fan? Incredible art, story and characters. This one's on hiatus, so hopefully what we have is not the end of it.

HunterXHunter - The true successor to Dragon Ball in my eyes, improving on its formula quite a bit. Deceptively mature and deep, great world, good fights, nice characters. We get teased periodically by new chapters coming out, but then months-long hiatus follow because of Togashi's mysterious illness.

Hikaru no Go - While I wouldn't complain about a continuation, I must admit that the story lost some steam without Sai. Bring him back with the manga, I'd say.

GTO - Not a fan of Lost Paradise, Nemrut? I agree that part of the charm is lost on the new setting and would love a true continuation of the old story. It's not over yet, though!

There are probably more, but right now these are what I can think of.

16. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

As much as I loved it, I don't think I'd want to see a sequel to Hikaru no Go. The plot wrapped up way too well. I think any sequel would feel like a lot of sports anime that start grasping at more plot points and just feel forced.

Sequels:

Full Metal Panic
    - I've been yearning for this for a decade. Was one of the earlier anime I saw and I still adore it as much as I did back then. I've read some of the light novels and there's a whole lot of epic events that would happen after TSR. I heard there was some talk of a new anime series, but I also heard it wouldn't be a sequel.

Hunter X Hunter - At the rate the manga gets released, we may see this when we're all old men as part of another remake. But along with FMP, probably one of the ones I really want badly.

Chihayafuru - Most sports/hobby anime I've loved either ended on a good note, or completely lost momentum. Chihayafuru was one that was pretty consistent all the way through after the time skip and I'd loved to have seen it continue. Plus it's shoujo, which makes it a bit different to all the shounen.

No Game, No Life - It's just too damn fun. I'd be surprised if we don't see another season.

Eve no Jikan - I actually rewatched this last night, and it just made me remember how amazing this is. Probably the only non-comedy slice of life anime I like - and I absolutely adore it. The format could work quite well for more OVA episodes exploring the characters.

Great Teacher Onizuka - The anime covered some hilarious and fun stuff, but the manga goes on to cover three more absolutely epic arcs that I'd love to have seen animated (the arm wrestling battle, the teacher that goes insane and holds the school hostage and the Kazaki vs Miyabi arc). Completely forgot about Lost Paradise Uncle Stoji, thanks for reminding me.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - Despite the fact that the last episode kind of ruined a fair bit of the anime and characters, I'd love to see this continued. Really struggled through the light novels though.

Hibike Euphonium - Really enjoyed season 1. It's probably just standing out to me because it was recent, but it came to mind pretty quickly.

Nodame Cantible - I feel there was more in this! It was a classical music themed love-comedy with a more old school anime feel, along with all the super slow moving, high tension romance that you got in those anime.

Shokugeki no Soma - Looking forward to the second season, and I'm sure it'll come.

Berserk - The Golden Age without a doubt is the highlight of Berserk. A really high quality story. The remaining doesn't feel nearly up to par, but doesn't make me enjoy the manga any less. Looking forward to the upcoming sequel.

One Punch Man - I'm sure there'll be a second season.

Sidonia no Kishi - A unique flavour and the first two seasons were pretty good.

Remakes/Adaptions:

Gundam Wing -
    I haven't found another Gundam that has brought me even remotely close to enjoying it as much as I do Wing. Not by a long shot. Wing however suffers from being quite dated and even for its age, very lazy animation. I'd love to see it remade, but shame that it'll never happen.

Tsukihime - Aproper ufotable adaption.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  17. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Death Note 2.

Just so I can see Near die. Fuck Near, Near sucks.

18. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

No Game No Life and Hellsing. Pandora Hearts. God's Notebook needs a second season, as does Dantalian no Shoka.

An adaption of Deadman Wonderland that doesn't suck and sticks to the manga. And fucking Psyren.

19. Celestin

Completely forgot about Great Teacher Onizuka anime. It definitely should adapt the rest of the series

As for its sequels (well, one midquel) they aren't as good as the original, but they are good nonetheless. My only major complain about Paradise Lost is lack of Urumi.

20. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Full Metal Panic
    Deadman Wonderland (as a complete redo)
    Black Lagoon
    Kara no Kyoukai - or something entirely new by TypeMoon

EDIT:

Eve no Jikan (as said above)