1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Want some serious feedback about your writing? Enter the Q3 2019 Story Competition!

Topic(s): EITHER
    - What the Professors get up to in the summers.
    - Ritual Magic!

Word count: 17.5k max (no minimum)
    Deadline: September 9th
    Check out the Competition Page
    Dismiss Notice

What the Fuck, Israel?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hashasheen, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...cRmUQD9CNABSO2
    Jesus Christ. Even their own citizens?

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

What the fuck Palestine:

Jesus Christ. Even their own citizens?

As for the actual thread, pretty ridiculous practice and a bit of an ethical violation. I would be interested in seeing the argument for how it is consistent with Jewish Law though . . .

3. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

OMG! They took pieces of dead bodies! Teh Horror!

Why should anyone care? All usable organs should be harvested, anyway. The dead have no need for them, but the living might have.

4. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I'm curious how they know a priori which families will open the dead people's eyelids.

@Random Shinobi: I think the issue is the charge of killing the enemy so that you can harvest their body parts. (The Jewish people have made much of the lampshades and soap of times past).

5. The Lord of Chaos

The Lord of Chaos Slug Club Member

Not anything new here. Most countries have some sort of history of violating the "rights" of the dead.

6. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

And this is a bad thing because...

Seriously, I don't see the problem. The dead people sure aren't going to use their organs, and they help save other people's lives.

7. azrael

azrael Professor

The only issue I can possibly see with this is that it might violate the burial traditions of Islam, but I am not sure about that. Is anyone here familiar enough with Islamic burial customs to say whether or not organ harvesting would be allowed?

8. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

I don't see anything wrong with this at all. Unethical? Please. It would have been unethical if the organs were harvested from live people but they're all dead so who cares?

9. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

According to both Jewish and Muslim religious beliefs, dead bodies cannot be desecrated (and this applies to removing parts of the body after death). In the case of Judaism organ donation may be permitted if there is an immediate need for an organ (as in, the organ will immediately be used to save another life), but not for the purposes of an "organ bank" or for relatively cosmetic purposes. According to most Muslim jurists, organ donations are permissible only with the consent of the deceased or the deceased's next of kin, which is clearly not obtained in the case of clandestine organ harvesting.

10. Vengashii

Vengashii Unspeakable

rah rah israelis and jews are evil rah rah desecrating the dead rah rah lets kill israel

[/thread]

11. Marsupial

Marsupial Headmaster DLP Supporter

Usually I tend to agree with the 'What the fuck, Israel' sentiment, but frankly I'm behind this 100%. Wish the US gov't would do it actually.

12. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I notice we don't really get the details of how the harvested organs were used.
    I mean if the could whip out medical records and before and after pictures of sick children getting a new lease on life it would be one thing, but I think it is more of a case of the wealthy and powerful "buying" the best they could afford.

But what do I know?

Hey did the Chinese government have any responce?

13. Seitou

Seitou Third Year

You wish the US government would take the organs from any and every dead person that they can, without even telling the family? Hell, I'm for organ donation, I think everyone that can sign up should, but if I found out someone had stolen my partners, or my mothers organs without even telling me? Let alone asking? No, not okay.

14. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

This is unethical, but still far away from killing people on purpose for this reason.
    In an emergency I'm not even opposed to it. (The harvesting organs from dead people part, not the killing for organs part.)

Wait... so it's alright when poor people get to live longer, but if rich people get to live longer it's evil?

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Way to take what he said out of context, Aryan.

16. Portus

Portus Heir

Who said we [I mean, they] don't?

Rorschach would not be disappoint.

On a side note, know how I know you're gay? You used "partner." :/

Love the subtle dig, Ozzeh.

17. Seitou

Seitou Third Year

Does that idea upset you or something? Also, no, I just use "partner" because i prefer it over "girlfriend".

18. Portus

Portus Heir

How chivalrous. And no, it doesn't bother me in the least, although methinks thou doth protest a bit too much. For all I care, you could be in a love-hexagon with five other guys; none of my business, and I wish you all nothing but happiness, so long as I don't accidentally see any of it happening, if you catch my drift.

I personally believe any two consenting adults should be able to cohabitate or get married as they please, without regard to gender, just as there's no longer any laws against interracial marriage, etc., etc. I mean, why should I be allowed to marry the woman I want to spend my life with, and another guy not be allowed to make the same decision with a male or female? Just not fair.

Anyway [/rant] and [/thread] derailment. I simply found your use of "partner" oddly funny.

19. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

It's utterly unethical by any standard. Fuck em.

20. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

While I support more organ donation, taking it without the deceased or the familys permission is means for a major fist to the face.