1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen in a fic?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Sran, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Sran

Sran Disappeared

High Score:
    that was otherwise completely normal up to that point? Even if it's a mega weird fic to begin with that just suddenly did a 180 on you.

2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I posted it in Pet Peeves a while back, but there's this author on Space Battles who keeps dragging in comments in his stories about unisex bathrooms and Earth. For example one fic had SG-1 end up in RWBY's Remnant only to have Daniel stumble into a unisex bathroom, have a freak out and blush like an 11yo who just saw his first naughty picture.

In another of the author's fics he had the Colonial Military from Battlestar Galactica come across an Earth derelict ship. One of the crew members goes onto this spiel about how "weird" it is that this Earther space ship has gender segregated bathrooms.

I wouldn't have bother with it if it was just once, but it seems to be a running theme in his fics. There is also the issue with how the characters react to it. No way in Hell would any experienced member of SG-1 be phased by unisex bathrooms.

3. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Honestly? I remember this one story where the author alluded to some sort of origin story for the Dementors and then just never touched on it again.

Like there was no prior mention to it or anything like that. It was just stated once and scared the Dementors away. Probably one of the cheapest plot devices I've ever seen

4. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror

Nagini wearing the bodies of muggle women with vanity as she accompanies Tom to formal dinners, and has a catty fight with Bellatrix, in Professor Riddle and the Quest for Tenure. That story is generally choke full of awesome weirdness.

5. Glimmervoid

Glimmervoid Professor

Going to be honest: that might be the best idea I've ever heard.

6. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, leaving aside various shipping horrors - the worst being a Hermione/Smaug pairing - there's a couple of contenders.

First would be a smutfic where Harry and Ginny were captured and forced to have sex with Voldemort. A little distasteful, but not that weird in and of itself...but the moments where they were receiving pubic styling and enemas from the house elves definitely raised an eyebrow. It finished with Harry and Ginny, post escape and victory, and in a relationship. Ginny gets pregnant, and the fic took a turn into psychological horror as it became more and more apparent that the baby was probably a reincarnation of Tom Riddle (actually quite a neat idea, but in the context of the rest of the story completely out of place).

The other contender would be Recnac Transfero, a story by Celebony. It's your standard uber abused Harry story, although he only becomes friends with Draco and Snape, not lovers. Anyway, in a fit of self loathing he decides the best use of his life is to save the father of his new, OC friend, who has terminal cancer. He combs the books at Hogwarts and finds the only magical cure for cancer - absorbing the tumour into his own body, which of course gives him less than a year to live (and a power boost, because of course it does). Things are resolved when they trick Voldemort into doing the same spell mere hours before it would have killed Harry, leaving him with the fatal tumour.