1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Where to stab someone.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Hira.Humbert, May 17, 2008.

1. Hira.Humbert

Hira.Humbert First Year

Hopefully I'm in the right place.

A few months ago, I started working on a plot bunny. I've nearly finished mapping(sp?) it out, and I'm going to start working on the details soon. Basically it's a AU, where Bellatrix didn't go after the Longbottoms and decided to take over the death eaters. It starts there and is a Harry centric of course.

My problem and the reason I'm asking you guys for help is that I need to know where you would stab someone so that it's a mortal wound, but doesn't kill the person immediately? If you're worrying about it being a fic with a swordmaster Harry, don't. I was thinking of some sort of switch knife sort of thing. Something small and light. So if any of you have any propositions, it would be really helpful 'cause google wasn't much help at all...

Cheers!

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Nick the carotid and they'll bleed out before long, but not straight away. Stab to the lung and watch them slowly drown in their own blood. Puncture the intestines and they infection'll do them in good and proper if they don't get some medical attention. Enough stab wounds anywhere and they'll bleed to death eventually. Knife to the stomach leads to their own stomach acid eating away their internal organs, but I'm not too sure if it'd be fatal.

3. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    A stab in the stomach is your best bet. You can draw enough blood that they will bleed out if they don't get help, but it is lengthy enough that it doesn't kill immediately.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A stab to the lower torso, in and twist then drag out horizontally. It will seriously fuck up you intestines, spilling bile into the main body which slowly poisons the victim. Once the intestinal bile is spilt there really isn't much you can do except wait to die painfully.

5. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

I agree with Rostam. Gutting someone is your best bet for a drawn out death.

6. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Getting shot/stabbed in the liver is an almost certain bleed out. I'd recommend in the side of the ribs into a lung. The diaphragm collapses and like Tehan said the person drowns in their own blood. Or you could always make the person go out Steve Irwin style.

Edit: If you're going for a quick get away type deal. Getting stabbed high in the inner thigh might sever the artery and cause a bleed out.

Edit2: Damn Banner beat me to it.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  7. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Not quite answering the question, but if the victim is down/helpless (or just has slow reflexes,) the femoral artery is the largest one in the body, and it has enough pressure pushing through that it doesn't seal by itself. The victim has to keep firm pressure on a femoral puncture, or he will simply bleed out in minutes.
    If you are doing torture/interrogation, then you might consider the nerve bundles. The victim faces permanent loss of function if the knife slips. A man might be tough enough to face being killed, but still crumple when threated with losing use of his hands.

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  8. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

If the interrogator has a steady hand and a knowledge of anatomy, another way to do it would be to creep up the spinal cord. As in, "*stab* Okay, now you're a paraplegic. Want to try for quad? No? Then talk."

Or you could do the Xena death-pinch thing.

Re Banner's sig:

These men are known as Mythbusters.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The important thing to know in this is if they have the chance of getting medical attention any time soon, magical Healers especially. From what I understand of canon medical magic it's pretty easy to heal mundane injuries/wounds, so knife wounds are unlikely to cause a problem to someone who can escape to a healer.

Still, if they're unable to get to a hospital/healer for whatever reason then a stab to the stomach/intestines or one of the major arteries will fuck someone over pretty well and leave them enough time to feel the full effects. If not that then you could always try cutting off their extremities or inflicting dozens of small cuts all over their body.

Aekiel

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've always had an insane need to find out if that actually does anything. It got so bad that when me and a few friends were out drinking I tried it, nothing happened but I'm pretty sure the fence wasn't active.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Kidney. It's in different places on men and women, so be sure to do your homework before writing it into the fic, but you're essentially knocking out the body's filter system.

Very slow, very painful death.

12. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

You oughta try again. Just to double-check.

13. Hira.Humbert

Hira.Humbert First Year

Okay so: carotid, intestines/stomach, lower torso, liver, lung, high inner thigh and kidney. Got it!

That's great thanks a lot! And Xiph0 don't worry I'll do my homework.
    Thanks again, you're life savers.;)

14. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Seratin: Yeah, it shocks you. If it's a constant stream the electricity flows up the stream. But if you dripple or piss in spurts it won't shock you.

You got VERY lucky.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    Can get some nasty burns in places you really don't want them if you do that. One guy around my area tried it and ended up getting sent to hospital cause of it. Funny as all hell at the time but I can't imagine the burns were very nice. On the bright side though, he did get £20 out of it from people who bet he wouldn't do it.

Aekiel

16. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Why would someone do that for £20? Would that even cover the medical bill and the such?

17. Xanos

Xanos Card Captored and buttsecksed

well you could always watch naruto if you want them...zabuza got a pretty good list he counts out ^^

18. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I know it was a joke, but, in Naruto, Zabuza gives the seven or eight places that death is certain. And that doesn't mean a slow death, either. Zabuza included the heart, I believe.

This guy is going for places that will slowly kill, but give enough time that you can realistically live through it if you have help early enough.

I'd just say, in general, to nick (but not truly cut into) a major artery or to puncture a major organ that isn't instantly fatal- though some of those are pretty sketchy if you actually want someone to have a chance of living after you burst it.

19. Xanos

Xanos Card Captored and buttsecksed

well thats true...they eyes is always popular aswell...and you can always try a hamstring...

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    Live in the UK so the treatment was free. Antibiotics to prevent infection weren't, but that was covered by the £20 he won :p.

Aekiel