1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the best author in the fandom?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by HarrySeverusPotter, Aug 4, 2016.

Not open for further replies.
  1. HarrySeverusPotter

HarrySeverusPotter Disappeared

High Score:
    IMO I have 3 contenders.

Master Slytherin - His writing is professional level. His fics are excellently plotted and completed within 100000 words.

Silens Cursor - This guy is the master at plotting. His plots are superb in its complexity and his writing is pretty good.

Joe6991 - One word sums up this guy - Epic.

2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I'm going to have to go with Perfect Lionheart: professional quality prose, master plotting, epic stories, he's like the sweaty lovechild of MS, Silens and The Joe, but with less of that whole humanity thing or morality that trip up lesser writers.

(And this thread? Seriously?)

3. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Perfect Lionheart? Pah! Completely Right is the obvious first choice. He is teh best, and should receive all the money.

As an aside, OP, your username may be the first on DLP to make me physically cringe. So good job on that.

4. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Robst is the best author. Obviously.

5. HarrySeverusPotter

High Score:
    I forgot about Jbern. Superb romance, excellent characterizations, and creativity like broom sponsorships, dodgespell, broom racing and humor elements like the sorting hat makes him stand out.

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Broom sponsorships were indeed a well thought out and extremely creative addition to his stories.

No.

I'm wrong.

It was cringe and shit.

There's no definitive best author because so many people have such different tastes. For example, many of us regard Joe as one of the best in the fandom others don't.

Tastes change too. A few years ago I enjoyed JBern's work and now every time I try to read TLIL it leaves the faint aroma of horsecock in my mouth. That's a discussion for another thread that went on far too long though.

Personally, I regard Taure, Jon and Joe as the best writers in the fandom. When they can be arsed.

7. Jhyaal

Jhyaal Squib

High Score:
    Pah! As if Joe could ever hope to match the skills of Emma Lipardi.

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Fuck any of you who don't recognize that Darth Mars is by far the best author there is.

9. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You say that, but you don't even know His name is spelled Darth Marrs? Note the two 'r's in Marrs.

10. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Errbody facepalm with me like-

YEAH! WOAH! YEAH! WOAH! PUT YOUR HANDS UP THE AIR!

Best author in the fandom is JK. CC is the shit.

11. HarrySeverusPotter

High Score:
    It astounds me to see the hate for Jbern. Jbern's stuff is definitely a pleasure to read and very enjoyable.
    Bungle in the Jungle was probably the first really good fic I ever read and it changed the way I thought about fanfiction pretty radically when I realized that fics could actually be of that quality. Some aspects of it are trite, especially in the opening with the Dumbledore and Weasley bashing being the event that sets off the plot, and some parts of it haven't aged very well, but overall its a great independent Harry fic with good action sequences, a completely original plot and a very Indiana Jones-esque atmosphere mixed with a coming of age story. The second person POV may turn some off, but I personally really liked it and felt it actually added to the story.
    The sequel never really lived up to Bungle for me. It seemed to have very poor pacing and rushed into a much larger, more "epic" scale that didn't fit it well.
    The Lie I've Lived is amazing, absolutely stellar. There's a few plot decisions I might be able to criticize if I did a fresh re-read but jbern's writing is excellent enough to make it unnoticeable.

12. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

We already have too many of these Best Author Alive And Dead / Top 10 Fanfiction of All Times / etc threads.

HarrySeverusPotter - if you make one more stupid thread, I will kick your ass out of this board.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

[​IMG]

Not open for further replies.