1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Who would win Goa'uld or Wraith?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Bob, Aug 4, 2006.

?

Who would win the Goa'uld or the Wraith?

1. Goa'uld

28.6%
  2. Wraith

66.7%
  3. It's a tie

4.8%
  1. Bob

Bob Squib

For those on the site that are Stargate fans

Who do you think would win if the Goa'uld and the Wraith had a battle

Edit: I was thinking more of Hiveships and Darts vs. Ha'taks and Death gliders

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  2. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

That was vague. The strength of a Goa'uld depends on its host and as I don't think you meant a fight between a half meter long snake and a Wraith, I will assume you meant a human host.

Goa'uld: A male human host and not half ascended like Anubis.
    Wraith: A male Wraith of leader caste, and not a drone or a Queen.

Without weapons:
    Wraith: 88%
    Goa'uld: 5%
    Draw: 7%

My bet is on the Wraith.
    - Wraith heal faster and seems to be quite strong
    - The eyes of a Goa'uld only glows and do not shot laser beams like superman.

With weapons:
    Wraith: 35%
    Goa'uld: 45%
    Draw: 20%

My bet is on the Goa'uld.
    - Wraith technology is meant only to stun.
    - The Goa'uld have a lot more deadlier weapons to choose from.

Wraith Hiveship vs Goa'uld Ha'tak:
    Wraith: 32%
    Goa'uld: 30%
    Draw: 38%

- Wraith ships can regenerate as they are to some extent biological. They also can shot many more rounds per minute.
    - The Goa'uld have a higher yield on their weapons, but they are slower and more arrogant than the Wraith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa%27uld
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wraith_%28Stargate%29

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Me....I think the Wraith would wipe the Goa'uld down without a problem. Though, it does depend on what context you mean.

Hand-to-hand, I see Goa'uld and Wraith being pretty much equal in strength, but Wraith have the added advantage of sucking the life from people with their bare hands....

As Zevrillion said, I think that Goa'uld would win in weapons. Hand-devices, Askhrak devices, Zat'nikatel's, Staff Weapons....all pack a very powerful punch. Plus, the Goa'uld can shield themselves from the Wraith Stunners. The Wraith do have powerful explosives (Season One, Atlantis, Crashed Wraith Ship epsiode) but I can't say for sure that the Goa'uld Shield device would fail.

In ships...Wraith, hands down. Their Hives pack a powerful punch, even if they are unshielded....and they kicked the Lanteans' arese 10,000 years ago. Plus, they can drain the Asgard-desinged shields of a BC-303 pretty easily, as well as the shields of an Ancient craft (Orion: Sparks flying, even with shields on...) A Ha'tak would be destroyed very easily against a Hive, whose only advantage would be shields...but they wouldn't last long.

I say that Al'kesh are the Goa'uld equivalent of Wraith Cruisers. Between them, I really can't be sure...but I would have to go with Cruiser, only because they're biological and have some regenerative properties, while Al'kesh are unshielded.

Between Darts and Death Gliders, Darts would win. From what I've seen, they're very quick and agile, more so than Gliders, in both space and planet atmosphere...and there weapons seem more accurate than the Gliders.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I voted Goa'uld as their ships are better, in both weapons and shields. The only advantage the Wraith have is in sheer numbers and the size of their ships, but the Goa'uld also have alot of ships (pre season 9 that is).

Here's my reasoning. After Anubis' enhancements to Goa'uld technology, Goa'uld ships are roughly the same power as Asgard vessels (End of season 9 the Asgard say they cannot be sure of victory against the Goa'uld anymore, Thor's original ship got destroyed).

The Deadalus is roughly the same power as an Asgard vessel as it uses Asgard technology (though it is slighly weaker due to the fact that it has inferior power sources and no Asgard weapons).

The Deadalus, on a one on one fight, would beat a Wraith ship. So if the Deadalus is roughly equal to an Asgard ship, which is rougly equal to a Goa'uld ship, then the Goa'uld ships are better than the Wraith ones.

5. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I voted for a tie. In the gambling world I'll call it a push. The Goa'uld tech is probably a step or two lower, but it has been rigourously battle tested. The wraiths, while technologically superior were the undisputed kings of the ant hill for thousands of years, even before they were beathing the Atlanteans back and culling only for food and the thrill of the hunt, whereas the System lords have been fighting amongst themselves for those same thousands of years.

At the moment the wraith were first introduced, I give the advantage to the Goa'uld, based on their 'experience'. I haven't been watching the new seasons yet, but I can assume that the wraith are on a 'learning curve'.

Jim

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Goa'uld would just take control of the Wraith. Human like bug being controled by real bugs. As for tech...just blend the two together.

7. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

I voted Goa'uld in hand to hand Goa'uld have a major advantage of years of training in weapons Wraith hvae stunners that's pretty much it in ship tech Wraith I say are superior but I still would say Goa'uld would win they are experienced killers

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I say the Wraith. If the Ancients can easily destroy the Goa'uld, and the Wraith were beating back the Ancients, then I think it'd be safe to say the Wraith would beat the Goa'uld.

9. Kyp's Avenger

Kyp's Avenger Fourth Year

I voted for the Wraith. The tech is roughly equal, what with biological, freakin' huge Wraith ships versus the effective Goa'uld motherships.

Remember also that the Wraith have a Borg-like hive mind, this has to be useful in strategic battles.

Hand-to-hand, wraith warriors would totally dominate Jaffa soldiers, never mind powerful figures like Ba'al. Come on, they suck the life out of people! How cool is that?