1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Wild World by HowdyU - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Koalas, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Wild World
    Author: HowdyU
    Category: Abandoned
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 5
    Words: 44,920
    Updated: April 23, 2009
    Published: November 17, 2008
    Link: LINK!!
    Summary: Salvation from chaos or ashes and dust from the whole of creation? Which will Naruto choose when the world is his playground? He should be careful though - he isn't the only one playing the game.

And now for a quick look at Howdy's other, underaprreciated Naruto fic 'Wild World'. A fic, I must say, I find myself liking ever so slightly more then HotH. Read and enjoy.

@Howdy: About the rope thing. I know it isn't what you meant but I can't help but imagine Orochimaru's purple rope-bowtie when I read it.

Checked: June 7, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Yeah, I like it better than HotH. Already tossed it up for review over at ADD. ^^

Hope it stays at this level of quality. I'll give it a rating after a few more chapters, it's a bit too short at the moment.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

For me, it'll depend on where it goes, and how closely Howdy decides to hug to canon (yes, that can be read as plz no Wave Arc). I like the story so far, however.

4. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Honestly I didn't think I'd see this story here, as it's a bit silly so far and I don't have much direction for it.

After writing the third chapter though, I'm very excited as to where this can go. Hopefully it will be something a bit different and refreshing as far as super-bloodline fics go.

One thing I'd like to say about this fic right from the get go:

I've read a few short and terrible Rinnegan!Naruto stories in which Naruto starts collecting corpses and assigning powers to them a la Pain Rokudou.

This will not be happening in my fic, as I don't believe that Pain Rokudou is an actual ability of the Rinnegan. Instead, I believe that Pain and all of his respective abilities are simply ninjutsu that he created.

My views can be read here in detail:

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=463467

I'm basing Naruto's bloodline on what we know about young Nagato and my own theories on the subject.

Bad news for some:

Chapter 4 will be the Wave Arc in a condensed version. Things happen there that will be essential to the story (and no, I don't mean hooking up with Fem!Haku).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  5. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I like it well enough, but I really think that it's premature to say anything definite regarding the story. I don't have a clear idea of where the story is going, but I'll certainly be following the updates. I'll rate after a few more chapters most likely.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

:(

...lulz (filler).

7. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Better Fem!Haku than Bottom!Haku.

I'm enjoying this story. It's written well and fairly believable for for a badass, jaded Naruto (well, except for Ino's pulling a 180; that seemed a bit sudden). Will wait to rate, partly because I'm not yet well enough read in the fandom that my opinion should count for much.

8. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I'm not sure which I like better... gimme an update and I'll decide then.

9. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

The Ino thing was sort of a spur of the moment decision (like pretty much everything else I've written in this), but I like where it's lead so far.

I figure that Ino is one of the characters that didn't have much interaction with Naruto throughout the academy, aside from seeing Naruto as a goofy screw-up.

That's were Chouji and Shikamaru come in, because it's hinted a bit in the manga that they were closer to Naruto than others.

Ino got dragged along to lunch, and found that Naruto didn't act nearly as badly as she had expected him to.

Curiosity piqued, she made an impulse decision and decided to spend a day with Naruto doing something she normally enjoys.

I'll probably build on that a bit more later, but for now that's where my logic came from.

10. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Enjoying this. Glad to see you have plans for this fic. I wondered if you were going to actually continue writing it.

I did think that Sasuke's whining and tantrum were OOC from canon. The fandom tends to overdo the spoiled-genin-Sasuke routine so often that it seems normal, but I don't see canon-Sasuke wailing about the Grand Fireball being copied seeing as he learned it from his father in the first place - he knows its not his jutsu.

If you aren't having the six bodies, then what do you reckon the six paths are? Rikudou means six ways, doesn't it?

11. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Sasuke's reaction was more shock and envy than anything.

The best he could do was lash out at Naruto for his immediate success.

We saw a similar reaction - though much more internal - to his witnessing Naruto's Rasengan in canon. In this he externalized his feelings because it was his jutsu that was made to look so trivial by someone he thought far beneath him.

At least when it happened in canon Sasuke had some real respect for Naruto. Here Sasuke is just in shock.

The Six Paths could mean many things - referring to the Buddhist cycle of Realms, of course - but I can't see them referring to Pain Rokudou directly.

If you read my thread on the subject, then you'd know that many of the abilities of Pain don't have squat to do with the actual realms described in Buddhist mantra and can be easily explained as simply advanced ninjutsu techniques.

I seriously doubt that an ability of the Rinnegan is to stick chakra receivers into dead corpses at will, after all.

Also, I find it odd that Nagato doesn't display any Rinnegan doujutsu abilities in all the three years he stays with Jiraiya aside from mastery over all chakra manipulations.

It doesn't seem that Rinnegan comes with a whole laundry list of techniques and abilities like the Sharingan or Byakugan - it just lets its bearer progress with limitless potential as a shinobi.

12. se7en

se7en Professor

If you are going to do the wave-arc, please have the levels of the ninja right. Zabuza is an A-Class missing-nin. He is more capable than a whole lot of Konoha nin. Even when he was a child, he killed more than 100 people. I read in so many fics that he is somehow kind hearted, and he goes back to Konoha. That's nonsense. He basically took the humanity of a child and raised him as a weapon that he said in canon that is more powerful than Zabuza himself. He also too Kakashi to the brink, and defeated him 1v1 into the water prison, where he could have killed him quickly, if the genin were not there. The only reason that he lost was that he was confused and he was defeated by the Sharingan (Zabuza's first encounter with that bloodline.)

And I also realize that Haku is kind-hearted and all, but he is a weapon made purely to please Zabuza and his wishes. If Zabuza wanted the Konoha genin to die, it is Haku's obligation to do so.

These two characters are way underestimated because of the fact that they are in the beginning of the Manga. I hope you consider what I wrote when you are writing the fic. These are just my observation though. I don't really have any proof or anything to back what I said up. :)

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I've always thought that Zabuza's line about Haku being stronger than him was a bluff to intimidate the Konoha-nin (or whoever he said it to, it's been so long since I've read that part that I don't explicitly recall). If Haku were that powerful, he would not have been defeated by a not even one tailed Naruto, or have had to break out his Bloodline Limit over a Sasuke who didn't even have his Sharingan at that point in time. However, I do agree that Zabuza himself is habitually underpowered by fanfic authors (not that I believe that Howdy will do so).

14. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Yes, Haku is chuunin level at best.

Zabuza was most likely referring to his bloodline technique, but even that should be fairly easy to upset for someone of Kakashi's level (not to mention he has a real Sharingan).

I'm still not sure how much I actually plan to change the canon interactions in the battles, since I don't want that to be the focus of this arc. Despite all of the gasp-worthy moments in the actual manga, looking back it's hard to say that Kakashi didn't have the situation in hand for most of the arc - Water Prison aside (and honestly, if Neji can somehow break out of one I think that Kakashi would have figured something out as well - it's not an intant victory technique).

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Yeah, I wasn't referring so much to the idea of Zabuza being inferior to Kakashi as a ninja (he probably was, but not to the degree that I'm talking about), as much as to him being so much weaker that he gets his ass handed to him by the author's omg Super Naruto, or having Kakashi go 'no u' and wipe the floor with him as though he were a genin. Even if he's not entirely equal in skill to Kakashi, he's still very much a legitamite threat.

16. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Haku probably has more potential than him, is probably what Zabuza meant when he said he/she was stronger than him.

The problem with a wave-arc redo is that even if you alter the outcome, we all know what's going to happen. It's not interesting, since even if the battle is written differently, or if Haku or Zabuza survive, etc... we know that Naruto will return to Konoha mostly unchanged and in the scope of the entire story the chapters featuring the wave arc seem to be a bunch of a boring filler. Tazuna and Inari are also overdone cliche characters that I'm just sick of hearing about.

17. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    My enjoyment of this story as opposed to Houses of the Holy are maybe 55-45% depending on the update. I didn't enjoy the first part of Chapter 11 of HotH, but I still love the story.

As far as this, Rinnegan!Naruto....here's hoping Howdy can do something epic with it. In canon, to my knowledge, Naruto before the timeskip has very few attack jutsus. Here, he has at least one, with more on the way, presumably. And the one he has, he swiped off Sasuke and did it better than him on his first try, which should chap Sasuke's pale ass.

All that said, I'm waiting for when the bomb is dropped and those in power know that the demon container they all looked down upon has a doujutsu on par with the vaunted Sharingan and Byakugan. Jiraiya teaching a second Rinnegan user, that should fuck with his mind something fierce.

18. se7en

se7en Professor

I would think that Naruto would have that kept as sort of a secret. He might be a little kid, but he knows he is the kyubbi. In the future, there will be people after him. I think if anyone high-up saw him with his doujutsu, they would try to keep it on the down low. Because someone with the Rinnegan would be VERY valuable in the black market. Those eyes would be worth a fortune.

19. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    How would Pain react to knowing his organization's highest value target has the Rinnegan, making them related somehow?

Howdy?

20. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That might be true when he figures out he has a doujutsu but as of now unless I overlooked something big he has absolutely no idea why he eyes are like they are, what they are or even that something is helping him learn things that he wouldnt have been able to before. Also besides Ino and Teuchi I don't recall him showing his eyes to anyone else.