1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 7 no likey my USB ports.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ashan, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I installed Windows 7 a few days ago, and it was working perfectly, other than Ventrilo, as the HoN group would know, due to my complaints (I is Rentar). Yesterday, I wanted to load a video on my PSP, so I hooked it up to my computer.

After connecting, the PSP automatically went into USB mode, which I ignored as it'd resulted in no problems on xp/vista, and it started to download/install drivers since it was the first time I'd connected my PSP to it after the upgrade.

However, after the drivers automatically installed, my keyboard and mouse stopped functioning, and my PSP disconnected from my computer (couldn't read).

My keyboard and mouse work fine, and the motherboard can apparently detect them (at least the keyboard, since I can enter BIOS), and another computer can detect them without problems. When Windows 7 loads, though, the lights on both turn off, and neither is responsive (Have also tested this with other functioning mice (mouses?) and keyboards.)

Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that I have no method to input commands. Safe mode results in the same problems, that being the lack of detection of anything plugged into the USB ports. I have yet to try flash drives due to my odd lack of them.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

USB ports only? Try finding an old keyboard/mouse using the PS/2 connection to help you at least access the comp.

Other than that, I dunno. :S

3. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I decided to use the most ancient of methods to deal with this foul error. I reinstalled the bloody OS.