1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Wishcraft by Taint of Taia - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Lyndon Eye, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Title: Wishcraft
    Author: Taint of Taia
    Rating: T
    Genre: General/Angst
    DLP Category: Azkaban/AU
    Pairing: None
    Chapters: 30
    Words: 68,998
    Updated: November 26, 2008
    Published: October 7, 2004

Summary: AU Sirius is suffering in Azkaban with 4 yr. old Harry, but not for long. Harry needs to go to Hogwarts. What about the Dementors and house elves? What about Remus? Can certain secrets be kept? Can Harry be kept safe?

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2086067/1/Wishcraft

This is a twist on the Harry-goes-to-Azkaban storyline. Updates are pretty slow, but the concept is interesting.

Checked by Minion, August 18, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
  2. darthdavid

darthdavid Second Year

I'm gonna check this shit out but I've gotta say, how in fuck is the author planning to have 4 year old harry sent to Azkaban? There is no plausible reason for it and whatever the author comes up with will be the fics biggest weak point...

---
    Having Read some of it:
    The writing is shit. It's full of repetitions and suspect grammar. It's not utter shit and it's passable by FFN standards, but it's the sort of poor quality garbage that any English teacher would eat you alive for.

The plot is dumb. I couldn't even stand to read past the "and Harry wishes to go away, several hours later boop, randomly somewhere else." It's just too retarded to tolerate...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The author didn't tailor the fic to DLP's criteria, so everything relied on plot and writing skill. As darthdavid pointed out, the author failed to deliver.

According to the author note at the first chapter, the author hadn't written anything for a year, so she would understandably be a little rusty.

That's not an excuse.

Frankly, most writers that I like write better when they started than she could at the heights of her literary prowess.

If she rewrites it, it might be an enjoyable read. Hopefully she scraped the rust off in the later chapters and goes back and matches the constant with her current writing style.

Still, there are hints of quality drama without mushiness.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  4. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I agree, the writing could be a lot better, and it was slightly difficult to get through (i.e. begins to drag).

My primary reason for proposing this was for its unique plotline: I've yet to encounter an Azkaban!Harry that was pre-Hogwarts. Just thought it'd be nice to add the collection.

Hopefully, the author does rewrite.

5. Photon

Photon Order Member

Readable, rather poor story. What is important - this is marked as complete on ff.net but story is unfinished and abandoned.