1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Work of Advent of Shadows (Naruto)

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Kurufinwe, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

So I would like to start discussion about one author and his work. Exactly Advent of Shadows or Ryne Billings. Some information on author by amazon:
    He wrote 13 stories of Naruto, also there is his fiction novel available on amazon (I haven't read it). Focusing on his Naruto's fanfiction, they all are good stories with solid writing and with out grammar mistakes. Reading is fluid and he updates rather regularly (mostly daily). I haven't found any indication that he was mentioned on DLP, but he is rather good author with solid writing and his work have decent plot.
    Links:
    FF.net account
    His second account, mostly with abandoned stories
    Amazon if somebody is interested
    Stories I recommend (mostly all but especially I liked):
    - Secrets
    - Second Chance/Consequences
    - Return of Senju
    I know that all stories are rather sort, but I think that author is worth being mentioned here on DLP.

2. Advent of Shadows

Advent of Shadows Muggle

Imagine my surprise when I received an email about the Google Alert I set up on my fanfiction pen name.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm Ryne Billings, though it's highly likely that I'm better known as Advent of Shadows.

Naturally, I won't really take part in a discussion about myself, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

3. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

I've been trying to work out if I've read any of them before, it's hard to tell since (for me at least) the Naruto fanfics I've read, apart from a few standout ones, tend to run into each other after a while. Anyway I'll start reading one of them and get back to this thread later.

EDIT: After I've read enembee's update...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  4. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I really enjoy seeing this happen instead of an author showing up and ranting about taking his link down.
    ...coughRagtopcough...

Welcome to the Forums Advent. I've read some of your stories in the past but I can't remember anything out the top of my head.

5. Advent of Shadows

Advent of Shadows Muggle

Thanks for the welcome. It's always nice to meet someone who has read some of my work, even if they can't remember it off the top of their heads. Personally, I enjoy it when that happens to me. I don't have a great memory, so I can easily re-read a story several times without remembering all the twists, turns, and themes.

To be honest, I would have pretended I never found out about this thread if someone had been talking bad about me or my work, but I never would have asked anyone to take down a thread about me, regardless of what it said.

Let's say that this thread brought at least one person to my fanfiction that would never have heard of me otherwise. That's one more reader that I wouldn't have had without this thread. As such, I'm thankful for the existence of this thread.

6. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Oh, I remember these stories. There is ONE complaint I have on your stories. Could your titles not be ones that are so overused? There's two fics I can name off the top of my head called Point of Divergence. Consequences, Second Chance, A New Destiny I don't even have to list to know how many other fics there are with this same name.

But, putting that aside, I did enjoy those fics a lot. :p