1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

X-Men Days of Future Past (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, May 24, 2014.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Was really good.

Wolverine wasn't really the main protagonist other than being the one to go back so to speak. A lot more focus was on Eric and Raven than I thought there would be.

Glad they used the previous sibling relationship between Charles and Raven a bit more and went more indepth with it.

Was a bit disappointed at how Eric curvestomped Wolverine, was hoping for a decent fight without the metal in him.

Quicksilver's scene getting rid of the bullets was awesome. And a nice hint about the parentage.

Was suprised they pretty much killed all the people in the future, was thinking they were going to keep it peaceful.

Slightly disapointed that Logan basically woke up in the future and no idea how everything changed, other than a second hand pov, and were probably going to see the Jean/Logan flirting again next movie with her alive again, but it seems Charles and Logan have a good friendship going.

Also curious if he has his metal claws and stuff without being kidnapped...

Solid 9/10. The story was good, the way they used time travel was cool. And a motherfucking stadium...

2. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

I new this would be good and it did not disappoint.

And yes new wolverine will have metal claws. He was found by Striker and won't have any recollection of the future events. I'm not sure why you were surprised by the curb stomping. Magneto is a fucking boss!

P.S. Make sure you stay till the end on the credits. They hint at the next X-Men movie and apparently they will be cracking out the big guns

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

He wasn't found by Striker in the new continuity. They show pretty clearly when 'Striker' turns to face the camera that her eyes flash, adding to the 'ripples change the current' theme that the voiceover was going on about that whole scene.

Also, yeah, a full on no tricks Magneto vs Wolverine can only really go one way, especially with all that metal lying around.

4. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

He wasnt found by Stryker though. His eyes glowed yellow. So it was Mystique.

EDIT - Ninja'd

5. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Yesterday I have gone and watched this on a impulse.

Wasn't really dissapointed. Some parts of it was funny some decent effect and storyline.

All in all good enough movie.

6. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I felt like it was sort of jumbled together; like the storyline kept jumping around. I understood the storyline because I know way too much inane shit about comicbooks, and I loved the special effects/fight scenes. But I felt like it had been built up as this big dramatic movie that it wasn't. I probably would've liked it more if I hadn't come in with such high hopes. Pretty solid movie, either way.

7. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

If the next movie has Logan flirting with Jean again I'm going to be friggin pissed. It's what made the first movies crappy.

8. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

Totally forgot about the eyes thing. Oh well. I suppose they'll have to get very creative if they want the metal claws back.

Actually thinking about it. Old loan likely would have said fuck off and ended up in the same situation

And I thought the movie was awesome. Same sort of category as Avengers. Actually I think I prefered this.Though I quite liked Last Stand and everyone rags on that. Maybe I'm just easily pleased.

Btw. Does it make me a sociopath if I think that I would have taken the Magneto approach to things.
    Fuck all the wishy washy lets play nice and hope they let us live.

9. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

I didn't like how they just handwave'd Trask away with an arrest over selling military secrets.

I haven't read the comics, so I don't know if that's cannon but that seems so silly.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought it was great. Better, IMO, than First Class, and almost as good as the first movie.

11. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

To be fair, that's exactly what he was doing in Paris. After his proposal was rejected, he took his research to the other nations at their victory summit, which is definitely something that would come out given it's where Mystique and co. were initially spotted.

12. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Okay, I've seen the opinion repeated here a few times.

I had no idea people liked the first X-Men more than X2.

13. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Dunno I liked origins best and some people rag on that a lot.

So don't mind people much. They generally don't know what they want.

14. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Wasn't Origins retconned a lot?

Also, I'm going to go see Days of Future Past.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I liked Last Stand, fuck y'all.

Honestly I enjoyed this one but thought it was very forgettable. Also I cant really see mutants and muggles being all lovey dovey after Magneta dumped a fucking stadium on the White House.

Also how did Kitty, the girl who can walk through walls gain this new power? That was the most WTF part that really pulled me out of the story. Why not just have a new mutant do it?

16. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I'm not irritated by the secondary mutation existing so much as I am the fact that, one, they never mention it in the movie, so people who don't know anything about the comics don't know what the shit is happening, and two, most secondary mutations are an extension, adaption, or augmentation of their primary mutation.

What the fuck does sending people's minds back in time have to do with becoming intangible? Rogue would have been a better choice for that. You could have argued that her primary is 'pulling' on their essence, and her secondary mutation 'pushes' it. Hell, Xavier having it would have made more sense.

17. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Exactly. Or for the movie universe I think it better to avoid secondary powers, so just make a new fucking mutant.

18. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

But then we wouldn't have Ellen Page.

19. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I wanted to like this movie but it was subpar. In comparison, The Amazing Spiderman 2 was a movie that I expected would suck but actually coalesced together really well.

1. Hugh Jackman has been milked dry by the franchise. He had absolutely no role in this movie except that one part where he fainted and something cool might have happened but did not. Also he's getting old and it shows.

2. Where the fuck were the new mutants used in the trailers? The movie would have worked better off if they introduced some new characters and gave them screen time (lQuicksilver, portal girl, Night Wolf rip off, etc) and started looking forward to the new cast\next chapter of the franchise.

A dystopian future, where Sentinels are basically the super high tech Nazi's vs. new X-men plus old Charles\Magneto etc. would have been cool.

3. Young Charles was actually decent this time around and Fassbender\Magneto is just the epicest mofo ever. He and Quicksilver need a movie.

Sometimes I too think that Magneto is right about everything.

Much of the cast was wasted since they had jack squat to do or got unnecessarily sappy background stories\arcs. Seriously, this is a movie with mutants fighting overwhelming odds and winning and the best two scenes in the movies were Magneto and the stadium and Quicksilver and a bunch of dishes.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  20. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Fuck That. I was left really cold by Spiderman 2 and think that this was a much better film. I'm still annoyed by the fact they make Max
    a sad, mentally ill person with a legitimate grievance, then halfway through it's just 'he's evil and deserves to die now, k'.
    And oh God, Rhino. And oh God, the implicit collateral deaths while we're supposed to be being impressed at him saving one person when he could've acted earlier and saved many more, multiple times. /rant.

Anyways, on topic, I agree Hugh Jackman is getting old as shit, and I think it was only made more noticeable by his lack of screen time, same as Ian McKellen, understandably - you could tell his performance was limited by his age. And I'm excited for the next one but I don't know which cast they're going to use.

Also, was anyone else surprised by the violence of the deaths in the future? Whenever the person was red/blue/silver they got brutal, particularly
    whoever it was who had their head pulled into a sentinel's firebeam. They were not shy about the moneyshots.

EDIT: Also, I was hoping for an explanation of how the Professor survived Jean Grey, but I guess it would've looked contrived if they'd just shoehorned it in there.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014