1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite type of Naruto.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Jon, Aug 15, 2006.

?

What is your favorite type of Naruto?

1. Canon!Naruto

8.8%
  2. Dark!Naruto

45.1%
  3. Evil!Naruto

12.1%
  4. Differentvillage!Naruto

11.0%
  5. Kyuubi!Naruto

11.0%
  6. No!Naruto -Lord Ravenclaw

12.1%
  1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

What is your favorite type of Naruto? Pick, Vote and give an explanation why.

I, myself prefer a Dark!Naruto, where he wants vengeance, or is just not in the mood for childish games. In the anime his character is prone to wild outbursts too often, if he were as I'd refer to it... Darker, He'd make less outbursts and those would be fearsome, instead of expected.

2. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

hmm...i chose the different village naruto (mainly cause i like him growing up in kirigakure and learning some bad ass suiton jutsu's :D). i don't like the loud and non-stop chipper personality that much either but most stories where he grows up in other villages solve that problem by simply giving him the attention he seeks in konoha or adopting the traits of his sensei there (which always is the cool and collected guy...well i at least haven't seem him train under a gai like sensei :))

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Pretty much anything but the canon idiot for me. But if I had to choose...Evil!Naruto, where he wilingly serves the likes of Orochimaru or the Akatsuki and harbors designs on obliterating Konoha.

4. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

Dark!Naruto for me, if only because of works like Bloody Whiskers and such.

Though I'd chose a Indy!Naruto over just about anything else, because a majority of what I read is stories where he matures and acts of his own accord.

5. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

I liked LT2000's Naruto, in his story Nine Tailed Serpent.

Also I kinda like those stories with him in another village, most of them don't turn out that good with Naruto becoming the mindless lacky of Zabuza or something like that. But some of the stories that don't do that have been really good.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I like Kyuubi!Naruto. Where he makes a deal with the fox. "You lend me your power, I'll work to get you out and when you do get out, you don't kill me." Or where he becomes the fox. I think that happened in FOXHOUND. I just prefer that kind because he's sort of a combination of all the other Narutos.

7. Lord Bill

Lord Bill ¯\(º_o)/¯ DLP Supporter

Mine would have to be Cunning!Naruto, but since that isn't an option I'd say Evil!Naruto. He's usually cunning anyway. But I'm of the opinion that as long as he isn't an idiot and can fight, I'll read it. If it's well written.

8. Myst

Myst Headmaster

If Indy!Naruto was there, I would choose him. Mostly because I'm not a major fan of evil main characters in the first place.

But since It's not there, I would pick Dark!Naruto. Mostly because its the closest option to an Indy!Naruto without going evil.

9. Mahotsuai-Sama

Mahotsuai-Sama First Year

I voted Dark!Naruto one does not go through any kind of abuse without becoming slightly jaded. I can see him Still holding alegiance to the village though personally i like how his loyalties are portrayed in nine tailed serpent. No matter what anyone says I can not see Sarutobi allowing Naruto to leave the village he is to much of an asset/threat if properly trained. Evil is also good i mean "Demon Lord" in stomach here..hehe the dark influences.

Though in terms of fanfiction anything that has a non-dumbass naruto and where he's not paired with the emo or bitch on his team is decent to read.

10. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

I personally love stories where you can't figure out where Naruto stops and Kyuubi begins because their thoughts and actions are so closely linked. Evil and dark are pretty sweet, but in order to have any halfway intelligent story in either category, imho you need to have Naruto working very close together with the fox, be it Bloody Wiskers style or a metamorphosis (when they are decently done). Getting rid of the fox or having it be a mindless raging force rid so much potential from the story...

Well, that's my $0.02.

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

12. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

o_O

K. Admin Abuse anyone?

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

...Yeah, that was kinda petty and lame, Raven, no offense intended. Those of us who like Naruto don't go into the Harry Potter topics and troll. It would be nice if you could treat our topics with the same respect.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  14. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

"Lord Ravenclaw is a jewel in the rough"
    no way! that guy is plainly evil :|

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

[​IMG]

16. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

I don't get it.

EDIT: How did No!Naruto get from 4 to 1004 and then to 24?

Also, is he trolling?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  17. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

ahh all that no!naruto voters...they never gave the differentvillage!naruto a chance to begin with :cry:

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

lmao. It you dont get it yet...I'll help you out. Take the big word and put it in front of the little word then read it....if you need more help then the words should be in alphabetical order.

19. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Seconded.

The powah of the Naruto!hating admin :p

20. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

Now No!Naruto is down to 27... the bar can't make up it's mind. o_O

Edit: I seem to be a bit behind...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006