1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Your first Fanficion or How did you start reading FF's?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Marguerida, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Marguerida

Marguerida Second Year

I'm curious: What was your first Fanfiction and how and why did you start to read?

My first Fanfiction were Amulet of Time, Betrayed and Destiny.

I'm member of a Harry Potter FanClub and they talked about Fanfiction in a Thread. They gave me the links, but I was frightened. Would it change my point af view? And so I waited.

Last year December I started to read with Destiny and I couldn't stop and read Betrayed and AoT and then I started to search for more.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

My first fanfiction(in the Harry Potter fandom at least) was Of Western Stars by neutral. After that it was Never Alone, Never Again by Bored Beyond Belief. I was lucky, those were both top-of-the-line Harry Potter stories. I first got started in the DragonBall Z fandom though, one of my friends showed me fanfiction.net for an original fic she had written, and I was completely obsessed over DBZ at the time. So, of course, when I saw the link for anime fanfiction, I clicked it. The rest is history.

3. Baileigh

Baileigh Guest

The first fanfic I remember was one of these; Trouble in Paradise by Angie J, Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent by Barb, or Draco Dormiens by Cassandra Claire. I never finished the Psychic Series because it turned Harry/Ginny and I despise that ship. I never finished Trouble in Paradise because updates became really slow. Draco Dormiens I never finished because it seemed like it was Harry/Draco and I hated Harry/Draco back then (love it now and thinking about reading the series again).

I think I started reading fanfiction when I was searching for sites dealing with Harry Potter in 2000 or 2001 and came across a Harry Potter fanfic site (don't remember what it was now).

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

.. First fanfic i read in the HP area was HP and the Order of the phoenix by ruskbyte i think .. that time i didnt mind the HP/Ginny pairing... i left for a while then when i started writing my own fanfictions (Love hina mainly: Vash the Unholy) now i got back in, reading HP/Tonks fics and developed a severe disliking for HP/ginny and HP/hermione

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I downloaded what i thought was a legit copy of OOTP, after reading something somewhere that said several copies of JKR's manuscript got leaked early.

It had similar main plots to the real OOTP book, but with dragon fights/raising and no Sirius "dying" After reading the "fake" official OOTP, and reading the JKR OOTP, i was very let down, and decided to stick to fanfics.

After that one it was "The Old and the New" and Fortress of Shadows.

6. Marguerida

Marguerida Second Year

About Harry/Ginny. Befor I started with FF's I didn't believe in Ron/Hermione ship and didn't think that Harry/Ginny was a good Idea. Then I started reading and my 2nd FF (Destiny had no pairings at all) was Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione. Since then I love this pairings. I would love if she will do it, but I can live with other pairings, too.

About Draco Dormiens: I've read this FF and it is not Draco/Harry. But I can't say anything about the sequels, because this is my emergency in case FF.net is down again.

7. Baileigh

Baileigh Guest

The Draco Series is indeed not Harry/Draco, it's pretty much Harry/Hermione and Draco/Ginny last time I checked.

I guess I'm the opposite of you because at first I believed in Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione then when I started reading fanfiction it turned me off both ships for good. Plus I really got involved in the shipper debates when they were fun back in 2001/2002. I'm very much a Harry/Hermione, Ron/Luna, and Ginny/Neville shipper now after years of switching ships.

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

My first fanfic was posted on an ActiveWorld's newsgroup, where someone said it was "funny stuff". So I read it, it being Barb's Psychic Serpent. I wen't on to finish the other two in 39 hours of straight reading.

9. Sythe

Sythe Guest

Hum

My first fanfic, Ohh.. I don't even remember the name anymore. But I did remember the plot line. Harry and Draco got married, adopted an infant and named her Helen or something. Financial problem. Draco cheated on Harry with Hermione. Close to poverty. Harry's questionable sanity. Harry got hungry. He ate the baby girl (ate as in tear her flesh apart, lick blood, chew, sighed in contentment really delicious you know). Harry cooked some of the ... "left over", put it on a dish. Draco came home, saw the "dinner". He ate "dinner", then figured out it's his beloved Helen, went bonker. In the end, I think there's something more. Yeah, blood... lots of blood, a baby bath tub of blood, from "the meal" of course. And for the end, Harry was sent into THE hospital, all the way in there, he just murmured "But Draco, Helen tasted really good". Nice story. :twisted:

10. DGProbe99

DGProbe99 Squib

11. Lord Voldemort

Lord Voldemort Forum Bastard

my very first introduction into fanfic was when i was reading Mystica's MST HP fics on her own website when i clicked a link to ff.net, and voila, i discovered HP fanfiction.

12. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

My very first fanfic was Psychic Serpent Trilogy.
    loved it except for the harry ginny. Then i grew to love the independant harry.
    I remember reading psychic serpent and then i read order of phoenix and there were somethings in it that i swear were ideas from psychic serpent and other fan fics i had read

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I cant remember my first HP Fanfiction... all i know is that it was a Harry/Hermione story.

14. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

My first fanfiction

My first HP fanfic was the excellent Realizations, by wishweaver. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1260679/1/
    After that I found Harry Potter and the Six Founders by arnaldus http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1834743/1/
    and then it was Lord of Caer Azkaban by Rorschach's Blot http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2107570/29/

I got into fanfiction because of Neon Genesis Evangelion, especially after the ending of the third movie. I read blue love by yebisu (sadley taken off line), a hilarious look at the brother/sister relationship between Shinji and Asuka and his budding romance with Rei.

15. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

It was in grade nine....four years ago....i was at natalie's house, she pointed me towards an NC-17 Harry/Fleur/Gabrielle fic on ff.net...how she found it...i dont know...since then...ive read just about every fic there is :p

16. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

My first fanfic was a Harry/Hermione year 6 one that didn't suck. My second was one of Marietsy's, I forget which one.

Then I wandered to FF.net, found a Harry/Bella one and have been hooked ever since.

17. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

My uncles girlfriend liked HP almost as much as i did. This was just bofore OotP, but my first fic was on on fictionalley.org, riddiculous, harry gets knocked up by a potion meant for narcissa, since shes a guy... and the first serious ones, were the draco series by cassandra claire. to this day their still my favorite fanfiction.

18. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

first there was: I think it was the fake Order of the Phoenix that I downloaded via Bearshare,
    I alread read the original, so I was like :O_O:
    then Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent by Barb,
    and then I found fanfiction.net, can't get out of there since.

19. Kaotac

Kaotac Second Year

My first was Hearts and Hourglasses by Yen
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/413716/1/
    It was so long ago, that I actually caught the last update of the story. I really liked that one.
    I think my second was Key of Atlantis. Doesn't seem to be in my Favorites anymore, for some reason.

20. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

fanfiction.net probibly deleted it, because their idiots.