1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Yu-Gi-Oh! OC/Self Insert Stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by 0 Jordinio 0, May 28, 2018.

1. 0 Jordinio 0

0 Jordinio 0 First Year

So hey guys, as the title mentions I'm looking for good OC or Self Insert Yugioh stories, of any generation from the original all the way through to Vrainz. Specifically Male protagonists, no slash. Or heck, even any good crossovers that come to mind I'd be happy to hear about./ Sadly, on the OC/Self Insert front, there's very few worth mentioning that I've found. The only two of any real quality that come to mind are;

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12319071/1/Yu-Gi-Oh-Arc-V-The-Fifth-Factor - An Arc V story, massive word count of 778k, amazingly thought out and detailed duels and decks, downside being that every duel is hell'a long and ends up detracting from the plot, sometimes making it a chore to read. The MC, a fifth incarnation of Zarc is somewhat like a combination of Joey Wheeler and Yusei Fudo, with a tiny dash of Yugi himself, young inexperienced Yugi specifically when it comes to dealing with girls, or girl as it were. Oc/Serena pairing being worked towards. Paced pretty well, in contrast at least to where they are currently in the story.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12622310/1/State-of-the-Meta - A Yugioh Gx Self Insert story. It's pretty interesting seeing more or less a professional(Can that be considered a thing?) real world duelist, using his cards like tools instead of in-unverse loving his deck and it providing for him due to loving him back or something like that. My only gripe with it is his true deck. I can't really get invested in somebody using Yuzu's melodious deck.

2. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

My issues with yugioh fics are mostly two things. One is OC cards. I hate them. There are around 7000 fucking cards in yugioh, if you can't find the card you need there you need help. Two, tons and tons of Slash, OoC slash mostly even. Shitty OCs is a distant third to those. The first one sounds like it will have tons of shitty OC cards and a shitty OC MC. State of the Meta I have read however and it's actually pretty damn good. as for using melodious... well its one of the few modern (at the time of story start) decks that could both be used in GX (meaning no extra deck monsters but fusions) and wouldn't break the series over its knees... like say... Nekroz, Dragon Rulers, Spellbooks, etc. So while I wouldn't have minded a non-character deck. I'll take Melodious over the hilariously game breakers that would be most of the ones that AREN'T character decks or whatever shit-filled OC deck that it could have been instead.

3. 0 Jordinio 0

0 Jordinio 0 First Year

While an interesting opinion, it's not really something to talk about in the Story Search thread. Please keep on topic.

4. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Fair enough, that was a rather long winded way of saying "There isn't much that I can rec along those lines." I mean those stories exist but uh... not many or any that I know of that are of decent quality.