1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Z Nation

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Haze, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Haze

Haze Second Year

I couldn't find any posts or thread talking about this show which i thought was a crime.

Three years after the zombie virus has gutted the country, a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3843168/

As you may have gathered from the summary, the show is about a zombie apocalypse. That being said, i consider it a better show than the Walking Dead.
    Make no mistake, this is, at times, extremely cheesy. But the show does have some great characters and interactions.

The main protagonist ( if we can call him that), is the only known person who is immune to the zombie virus. Not without side-effects, of course. But what makes his character so great, is the fact that while he is the best hope for humanity, he doesn't seem to care about mankind at all. There is something really refreshing about his character. In a way, he is not a Messiah for the humans, but for the zombies.

The show doesn't exactly start with a bang however. I admit, i nearly dropped it when i watched the first episode. But it does get progressively better and there are some amazing moments and episodes. Well worth the watch. I myself, just started watching the second season.

2. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

It's more enjoyable than the Walking Dead, but only if you don't take it seriously.

If you want a serious apocalypse setting, then you will hate it. The cheese is very strong in the first half of the first season as well.