1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Zombieland

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Krogan, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright so for anyone who doesn't know Zombieland came out today, I didn't see a thread for it so I thought I'd make one. Its a comedy movie about the zombie apocalypse.

I just got back from seeing it and I have to say this is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, I was just about dying laughing in the theater.

I can't decide what my favorite part was but I loved the bit in the supermarket when they walk in and he has the banjo. He plays the Deliverance song and the zombie shows up "You got a purdy mouth" fucking LOL.

"Thank god for red necks, Big trucks and bigger guns!"

Also "I fucking shot Bill Murray!"

Last I thought it was was funny at first when you thought Buck was Tallahassee's dog but then when you find out it was actually his son, it quickly goes from funny to depressing.

2. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I haven't seen it, but I'm planning to.

I found this article about it on io9. It has spoilers, so don't read it if you don't like them.

Zombieland @ io9

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Never heard of it, but I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

4. Novamute

Novamute Third Year

I thought the movie was fucking hilarious. It takes all of the fun stuff about a Zombocolipse and gives it to you without the social commentary that you find in a lot of serious films. Not that the social aspect isn't needed, but sometimes it's fun to just say "why ask why, just hand me a shotgun."

5. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Loved the movie; fucking hilarious.
    Bill Murray's whole bit was genius and had me rolling. Re-enacting the Ghostbusters scene was just great!
    One of my favourite lines had Tallahassee in disbelief after Little Rock claimed not to know who Bill Murray was:
    "I ain't ever wanted to a hit a child..."
    A nice ride from start to finish.

EDIT: Spoiler-tagged, 'cause somebody whined at me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

D: No spoilersss Matt. If you must write spoilers, use these:

Text here[/spoiler@]

Remove these: @

On topic, hilarious movie.

7. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Nothing extraordinary about this movie IMO. Sure, he tries to make fun of the usual cliches found in this kind of movie, but it does not deliver it in any epic ways.

Sure, I had a laugh or two, but nothing really stood out.

8. Seitou

Seitou Third Year

The only thing that bothered me about this movie wa that there probably aren't going to be any sequels. Considering that it feels like one long tv episode that really sucks :(

9. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was amazingly funny.

10. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

It was alright.
    I admit it was funny but it felt flat. Too short, and I kept wishing the girls got killed off... om nom nom nom.

The only thing I loved completely was the super tough guy wasn't a tough guy. Rare to see that.

11. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I didn't like the acting - but it's a zombie movie. It was watchable, but I couldn't recommend it to anyone. It's too self-deprecating. It could have done well to emulate Shuan more and have a few more serious moments.

12. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I just got done watching it, and I thought it was hilarious. It's not a movie that's going to win any Academy Awards, but it set out to make a not-so-serious-or-scary zombie movie and it did that perfectly. The girl was just hot enough, the guy was just nerdy enough, Bill Murray was fucking genius, and Woody made the movie for me. Definitely worth the money to go see it.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But... it didn't want to be serious. It would've annoyed me if it had forced in serious moments just to change things up.

14. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

I loved it. There were only about five other guys in the theater when I saw it and we were all laughing. You could also hear the whispered commentary between eachother about how such and such is just like this character or that character.

5/5 because it was a good comedy and didn't try to force a message on you. It seems rare when you can watch a film and not have to filter out some preachy message.

15. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Apparently they have many many sequels "planned" as it was originally going to be a tv series.

I'm crossing my fingers.

16. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

There are more than enough comedic elements and it uses the zombie motif to make light of it... so it's enough to classify it as 'comedy', but the protagonist is pretty seriously emo, and it really wasn't comedic enough to go on the basis of comedy alone. None of the characters were really ever any danger until the very end, and even then that moment was very brief – it could have used some kind of seriousness like that, at the very least.

17. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I wouldn't really call the nerd emo. He was more nervous and shy then anything, typical of your average basement dweller . I loved it.

5/5

18. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I enjoyed it, but as has been already said, it felt a bit too short and shallow, and the Ending sucked balls.

It's a pretty solid movie; not bad, not great, but decent enough to enjoy and forget about everything else. Perhaps it would've worked better as a TV mini-series.