1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Blues

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Koalas, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Frankly I'm bored. I don't feel like reading, going to the beach, hanging out at the mall, etc. I feel like wasting my life away in front of a screen.
    DLP's been a great waste of time but Too Human isn't out for another month and I'm in a gaming mood.

So can anyone suggest a free MMO type game that doesn't suck? Note I have played various MMO's and have written them off for various reasons. Please don't throw a hissy fit if your suggestions rebuked.

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Hah, good luck. Good MMO's require support and dedicated servers. That ain't cheap. Unless you go text-based you've got bugger-all chance.

3. Koalas

High Score:
    True, but I really don't want out spring the cash for WoW or it's likes. I'm just hoping some anonymous member out there has some gem he'd be willing to share.

4. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I agree with Tehan.

Oh, and you could always restart Diablo II (which I assume you've played).

Whenever I'm really bored, like right now, and have no desire to write, I get out Diablo II and beast the game on /players 8 singleplayer.

Inspiration than returns.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Ever played 2Moons?

Wiki-fu

Its free. You can spend real money on it, but thats for lame(IMO) items that people use to flaunt their e-peens, or you can get like.. potions packs.

I don't know what your definition of suck is. This might be it.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  6. Koalas

High Score:
    @The Heir: I dug out my old copy of Starcraft a couple weeks ago and whipped through that. Basement-diving for some more classics doesn't sound too bad.

@Zombie: A game should be fun, I should want to play more of it. If the only reason I'm playing it is because of previously invested time that I don't want rendered meaningless, then that game has failed and therefore sucks. I try to avoid those types. Admittedly you can give me two near-identical games and one can suck while the others fun for completely mundane reasons.

Also 2Moons looks fun and I will try it but is it still in Beta? Or is the wiki page out of date?

7. Zombie

Wiki page is out of date.

They've already released their first expansion.

Bad Moons Rising.

8. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Well, my little brother has recently discovered "Shaiya Online"
    It's decent I suppose (At least as far as free MMO's go), and free.

http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/

Personally, I'm waiting for GW2. The first one was, and still is, awesome, and I'm expecting the second to continue the trend. Not free though. :(

9. Koalas

High Score:
    I'm leery of Aeria games in general and Shaiya didn't impress me much. Thanks for the suggestion though Itziak.

@Zombie: Do you play 2Moons? Server/etc.

10. Zombie

Yeah, I've picked back up playing recently after a short break.

I've got a Level 37 Bagi Warrior and a Level 15 Vicious Summoner...

I'm on Trieste Sever and I play on Hosea or Oread, depending on if Hosea is full or not.

11. Danjam

Danjam Seventh Year

Perfect World ( http://www.perfectworld.com.my/ ) seems to be decent, for a free mmorpg. Its fairly new, with stuff still coming out I believe.

Silkroad Online ( http://www.silkroadonline.net/ ) is also a decent game, but it gets very tedious after awhile, and every quest gets to be go out and kill 10 of these, or find 10 things, by killing these monsters.

12. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I hear runescape is a really good game lol

13. Koalas

High Score:
    @Zombie: 2Moons is like WoW just without everything I hated about the game. The combat is actually awesome, so far the quests have been good (even the spider killing ones were interesting enough) without the drag and boredom I got from WoW quests, it's designed well-enough that it doesn't bother me, dialogue and the bits of voice acting are pretty funny, and best of all it's free! I should probably shoot you for taking so long to tell me about it but thanks man.

14. Zombie

No problem. What server did you go with?
    World you play on?
    Character name?

and Last but not least, what type of player did you choose?

If its a Mage, you'll level pretty fast, Bagis are pretty slow when it comes to long term leveling, but they usually have the most power.

Azure Knights have the most armor sets, and are easily the most used character in the game.

Vicious Summoner's give you pretty cool summons. Friend of mine has the max summon you can get and it pretty much cleans up. Especially with the AoE (Area of Effect) in place, so, mob leveling is easliy done.

Braiken Castle is a good home point, although, the monsters around Loa Castle offer more expirence in the beginning.

I hate Segnales, they're the most over-rated characters in the game with the Blood Whips. Although, they're good to have in a party because they can group heal, etc.

Glad you like it. It gets pretty addictive.

Tip: When you make it level 15 head to the Norak Caves. Thats the best leveling/item spot until you get past level 30 or so. Then, you can head to Hetharp and level on the Pneril there and then on past that is the Valley of Vengence.

If you need help with any weapons, I can socket some of them for you and give you some Rhombus of a good rating to boost your attacks. My character name is Cduns, whisper me sometime if you wanna party.

15. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I used to play 2Moons but that was a long time ago... I remembered that I was a summoner and it was awesome.

16. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Hmm, there is a game out called Dungeon Runners...

http://www.dungeonrunners.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Runners

The first wiki paragraph probably says it best:
    It's a fun little game that I have been playing off and on.

With that said, It can become a bitch because the developers limit a nonpaying player to one inventory page. As well as limiting the type of items that you can and can't use. Regardless of that, I find myself enjoying it when I play.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  17. Koalas

High Score:
    @Zombie: Trieste server, on Hoseo, level 7 Vicious Summoner named Zwicky. I'm usually not a fan of magic-casters but this one looks alright.

18. Zombie

They've got an event running the next few days. Double XP from 11 A - 4 P, then an Hour of Power, in which you get 3X XP, then, at Midnight, you get 5X XP.

Along with special events, rare item chest, and open pvp on the GM's and VGM's...

Vicious summoners aren't that bad, everyone seems to favor them. When I was on Closed Beta it was full of them.

All times are PDT.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  19. Vegemeister

Vegemeister Seventh Year

1) Find a Ragnarok Online private server.

2) Download Openkore.

3) Learn to write bots.

4) ???

5) Profit!

20. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've downloaded 2Moons and will be playing a Summoner when I get into the game. I'll get on the Trieste server, I guess. Don't care if the class is common, Summoner seems badass.

Edit: Right... I'm getting the message 'Your status is Blocked Country' even though I'm in the U.S. So I'm gonna have to send some e-mails or something before I can get into the game.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008