1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another crossover idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Zarent, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

I understand that I'm likely going to get my ass flamed off here, but let us try it anyway.

Dresden Files and Fate/Stay Night crossover.

Yes, I have the idea to crossover our favorite book series with an anime. Hear me out first, though, before calling me a weeaboo faggot and catapulting me off to mugglenet.

What originally spurred this idea was not, in fact, hoping for some hawt Dresden/Archer action. Instead, while going through F/Stay Night, it struck me quite oddly at how similar the systems of magic work for both worlds.

1) The magicians are few and far between, having it be odd if there are more than one for a specific city.
    2) Magic is utilized the same way, having a 'focus' to use a few specific spells
    3) You are able to 'summon' servants / demons, but they only co-operate with you in order to achieve their own goal.
    4) Magicians can mingle with the real world without it being a big deal.
    5) Same style of battles, and might I say it, plot structure.

Now, this would be nothing without a plot, correct? I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to actually writing Fan Fiction, but I think this could work.

Starting just after Harry is drafted into becoming a Warden, he is called upon a duty to move all the way across the world to Japan, in order to secure a dangerous artifact [The Holy Grail] from unknowing practicioners. Before leaving, Michael decides that it was God's Will to have him accompany Harry. Through this, they become the 8th 'team' in the Holy Grail War. I feel kinda bad about seeing Michael becoming Harry's 'Servant', but it seems to fit.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

(Ducks for cover.)

I'll let you guy's handle this one.

3. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I think it works at least as well as the Dresden/Frisky Dingo crossover I was considering writing. Honest, it does.

Dresden driving in a new Scion tC! That's right, a Scion tC! You're "Doom" awaits.