1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Perfect Slytherins - Tales from the First Year by Jeconais (Series: WiP)

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by knothead, Jul 25, 2008.

1. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Title: Perfect Slytherins - Tales from the First Year
    Author: Jeconais
    Rating: Mature (at least that's how Jeconais rates it)
    Genre: AU, Crossover
    DLP Category: Alternates
    Pairing: Harry/Wednesday Addams
    Chapters: 2
    Words: 19,331
    Published: July 24, 2008
    Updated: August 7, 2008

Summary: Severus Snape. Feared Potions Professor. Head of Slytherin House. For years, he had eagerly awaited the son of the person he hated more than all others. And if there was one thing he discovered, it was that Harry Potter was NOT the son of James Potter. What he was, would change his life, and the lives of everything around him. The saviour had returned, not as the Perfect Gryffindor, as so many had hoped, but as the Perfect Slytherin, and the fall out would be felt for all time.
    Link: http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/Perfect_Slytherins__Tales_From_The_First_Year/index/

Yes, a Harry Potter/Addams Family crossover with only one chapter (8,795 words) posted, but I believe its start is a lot better than the one for Jeconais's previous work, the imperfect "Happily Ever After," and if Perfect Slytherins maintains its start, it looks to be library worthy.

Sequels:

Title: Perfect Slytherins - Tales From The Second Year
    Chapters: 2
    Words: 31,110
    Published: January 14, 2010
    Updated: January 21, 2010
    Summary: Harry Potter was the son of James Potter in name only, and that fact was enough to change Severus Snape's opinion of the boy. This year, Snape was looking forward to the entertainment they would provide, because he knew, with out a shadow of a doubt, that if he kept his nose out of their business, they would ignore him. He also knew that others in the school would be unable to follow this simple rule. He just didn't realise how hard it would be to keep it himself.
    Link: http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/Perfect_Slytherins__Tales_From_The_Second_Year/index/

Title: Perfect Slytherins - Tales From The Third Year
    Chapters: 3
    Words: 45,900
    Published: August 24, 2010
    Updated: July 16, 2011
    Summary: After two years of watching from the outside, Severus found himself being drawn in to the Addams family. No longer an outsider, Severus finds his world changed, as a destiny far greater than any he had ever imagined is offered to him. And so, he allows himself to be ensnared, finding that the middle road is far more exciting than the extremes of dark and light.
    Link: http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/Perfect_Slytherins__Tales_From_The_Third_Year/index/

Title: Perfect Slytherins - Tales from the Fourth Year
    Chapters: 1
    Words: 12,986
    Published: March 11, 2012
    Summary: For the last time, Severus Snape chronicles the events that took place at the start of, and during Harry and Wednesday's fourth year. A year of change, of endings and beginnings, a year where Severus found the one thing he thought he would always be denied - happiness.
    Link: http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/Perfect_Slytherins__Tales_from_the_Fourth_Year/Part_1/

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012
    Fixed the link and added the sequels

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Perfect Slytherins by Jeconais - M

I'm well aware what happened to the last fic that was posted here. But this one seems like it's starting out a lot darker, and hopefully won't fail as badly.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  3. kpayne

kpayne Squib

It's not the meaningless fluff that he's posted before, so that's a good sign.
    The scene in the middle of the chapter with the blood was brilliant.
    Something about the perspective makes it more humorous than dark, at least so far.
    It's too early to rate, but so far it's a winner. I'd give a 4/5 so far.

4. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

9 minutes too slow, pal.

5. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Nope. I posted this thread at 19:39; the other appeared at 19:40.

6. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

Best thing he's posted in a while, and I'm looking forward to more. 4/5.

7. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    I actually like this quite a bit. It has that element of the strange that appeals to me. But there are unanswered questions, such as why Harry wasn't at the Dursleys, etc.

But the most important odd thing is that all these strange things happen and no one really says anything about it,

That seems a little fishy to me. It kind of feels like off the wall for the sake of being so, and not for a definable purpose. That might need to be addressed.

All that said, I like this story.

Please continue!

8. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This is an awesome take, I'll wait a few chapters before I decide whether to give this 4 or 5 stars. The Adams-ness is very strong here, at any rate.

9. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

MERGED THE TWO.

I read this one and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. It's interesting. But this Harry is so different from most Harry's, I'm still not sure how much I like him. Wednesday seems kind of over-the-top. Were she an original character, the Mary Sue meter would be off the charts. And considering a fair amount will not know much about The Addams Family, in some ways she is practically an OC.

Nevertheless, there are some delightful little tortures for all the characters we love to torture. Jeconais' worst stuff still makes me giggle in delight though, so I expect I will like this quite a bit.

Still, there's not enough for me to vote yet.

10. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

I couldn't finish it. It just smacks too heavily of SUPER!Harry, and Super!OCs as well (I'm familiar enough with both the original Addams Family, and the Movie), but as nonjon said, they were too over the top.

This is more Jaconais fluff, but dressed in black and pretending to be a vampire.

11. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

If it was a oneshot I would love it anyways with a 10/10. Of course, I have Jeconais stuck in my tastebuds so I'd say that about most of his work. As a chaptered story, I'm quite giddy.

There is a sense of Super!Harry sure but that's just nice fun. Dumbledore is confused so it needs more of him and it would be cool to have some idea from the other heads of houses. Still, AWESOME.

12. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I couldn't finish it. I know almost nothing about the Addams family except the theme song. (Which is awesome btw)

As Rin mentioned, this smacks heavily of SUPER!OC. I did not like it.

I will however, refrain from rating it. Even if I don't know anything about the characters, other people do, and apparently don't think it over the top.

If I had to though, it'd be 2/5.

13. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I know about the Addams family from the original show, the cartoon, and the movies. I have to say that I like this but it is very Super! 4/5

14. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Very pleasant.

15. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

If I were to take this fic too seriously, I wouldn't like it. Super!OC? Crazy powerful Harry? Bah.

But, you know what, I had a lot of fun reading this. Just like anything else, Super!Harry can be done in an entertaining fashion. Is it an epicly high quality fic? No. But it is entertaining, and I think that, because of DLP's hatred for all things cliche, we overlook that entertainment is really the mark of a deserving fic. If we went by "the rules" alone we'd end up trashing a lot of great stuff, like this fic and Nonjon's latest venture into male gentalia related fiction.

4/5 for now. Might go up later.

16. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

This was over the top for me too... but the Addams themselves are over the type, so I can understand it somewhat.

The first chapter is good enough for a 4/5.

17. BlitzkriegAngel

BlitzkriegAngel Vayash Moru DLP Supporter

I certainly enjoyed. I've come to expect high quality writing from Jeconais and this being not his usual fluff made it all the better. 5/5.

18. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Jeconais' work always catches my interest, and if it's as uncommon as an Addams Family crossover, it catches my interest even more.

Overall seems good, fun to read and entertaing. My only problem was with Harry's character, which seems a bit too "uberpowered" for my tastes, even for Jeconais' fiction standards (come on, an eleven year old bossing Dumbledore around?). I did like, however, that most of his power was over people, manipulating and commanding rather than engaging situations hands on. This sort of "mafia!Harry" element was a welcome change from all his previous works, as it was the darker setting.

Good and entertaining, a very well done chapter overall. Hoping to see more of it soon enough.

4'5/5 at the moment.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  19. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'll wait until there is more before giving it a score, but from the first chapter the story seems rather well done.

20. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

For that alone this is a 4/5.

I don't know too much about the Adams Family, but if you take this as a light hearted fic, its excellent.