1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all modders

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Im interested in seeing what your PC mod's look like, if any.

I have multiple LED fans, CCL's, blue LED bubble pillars, a 6 color led torch, windowed case.

A mouse with an eye cut out in the handhold part.

Working on a custom mouse pad atm, made out of plexiglass, with a custom self-etching in it, that I'm going to sand down and then place blue led's inside of.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

[​IMG]

Light up face... clear LED fan on the window.. red/clue LED fan in rear of case... not much else...

3. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Nice!

4. Midknight

[​IMG]
    is current case which I'm not happy with. the blue led bubble pillars put off far too light, it lights my entire bedroom at night. The changing color LED torch takes up valuable front space, the side window with all that extra metal should of been clear sided, and the top window's fan gets in the way of my PSU, so I can't use it. It also has these oval holes around the top of the case on either side, which fucks with my airflow. Also the front panel is plexiglass with frosted edges, just like the pic shows, however, it does not glow around the edges at all, like the picture shows.

I'm torn between buying :
    http://images.tigerdirect.com/SkuImages/gallery/large/TC3j-4014-o.JPG

Massive sized, only 100$, very high ratings, nice front panel

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/11-144-153-15.JPG

Smaller, high ratings, 80$ish

http://www.bccpc.com/11.jpg
    Smaller, medium ratings, 60$, but with a kick ass side window etching of a dragon, and I'm in love with that front panel. I won't get this b/c of it's reviews which say it's got problems, but shit that's a sweet case imho.

Nice case Vash, I like the Punisher style of it.

5. Antivash

indeed... the dragon case is sweet...id prolly buy it and just switch the windowed side and front panel to the case i got now... but this case ive got similar problems...

the lights in the face arent even plugged in and i can still light my entire living room with just my side/rear fans...and theyre kinda loud... can hear them 1 room away sometimes even...

6. Midknight

Ah get sound dampners, or even simple rubber washers to place inbetween the metal of the case, and the plastic of the fans, it makes a world of difference. The vibration coupled with the fan motor can be a pain in the ass if you have cheap fans. I had to ditch the 7 that came with this case, and went out and bought some Antec's with a noise kit and the loudest thing I have is now my PSU's fans, which I can't hear more then 15 feet away.

Example of the noise reducers: http://www.mediaatlantic.com/product.php/28297/1485/

As for the lights, eh, I disconnected my torch and blue pillars for the longest time, the amount of light they put out was like having a desk lamp on. The 7 i have in my case (4 inside front sucking air in, 2 in back sucking out, 1 in side, not counting the fan on my vid card, nor the PCI exhaust fan) aren't hugely bright. 5 of them are blue, and the other 2 are red. The red ones are hidden infront of the hard drive cage , and the red light dims the blue ones quite a bit, so I get a healthy glow, but not blinding.

Also look into some wire mesh fan grills, I got mine off ebay for a few bucks, and they not only keep dirt out of the case, but they mute a ton of the light that's on the side the mes is on.

7. Antivash

blah... no real noise due to vibration... all motors.. and power supply i think... gotta change to te new HD.. think i may take out the clear one since its the main source of my annoyance...