1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stargate: Continuum

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Durden's Wrath, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Durden's Wrath

Durden's Wrath Second Year

What a pile of ass this movie was. Pretty much more of the same. Recycled plotline, lack of character development, focus on big explosions rather than the team.

Some people say that SG-1 started going downhill when RDA left. While that hurt, the guy was phoning it in his last two seasons, what with the reduced screen time.

The show really took a hit once Johnathan Glassner left. Back in the fourth season. Then the "big explosion" crowd took over, and shit on quality control.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It doesn't air in the UK 'til Tuesday, so I'll comment then. It sounds like you're being (unreasonably) harsh though. Stargate stayed enjoyable for me all the way to the end of the Goa'uld (though Apophis > Anubis). Seasons 9 and 10 weren't so good, but they were still fairly enjoyable. And that was less to do with the directors and more to do with the fact that the series should have ended after season 8, which was the natural conclusion.

Personally, I feel that the franchise would have been better served by ending SG-1 after season 8, and then doing the Ori storyline in a whole new program, with a team led by Mitchell, perhaps a few years into the future. That way the storyline and new team could be done justice fully rather than being rushed, we wouldn't have felt that Mitchell was a poor replacement for O'Neil, and if it were a few years into the future that would be a cool perspective too, having had a few years of peace between the fall of the Goa'uld and the introduction of the Ori.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

It felt like a two-parter.

I have to admit the scene between Ba'al and Quetesh.. you know the one I mean, was really, really cool. Especially how it ended.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I saw the first Stargate movie the other day (never watched SG-1 or anything). Pretty cool.

5. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

First stargate movie is pretty awesome.

Forgot this was coming out soon, must watch it.