1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Militis, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

2. Twisted

Twisted Guest

The hot girl sidekick has been recast. I mean of the original five people from the films - Main Guy, Main Guy's Wife, Main Guy's Son, Main Mummy and John Hannah, only Main Guy and John Hannah are in this one being played by their original actors. That alone should have made them take a step back.

I like the Mummy films, I don't want to see them run into the ground >.<

EDIT: Oh god. Just read the wikipedia article. Apparantly a fourth film is in the works, and the guy who plays the son has signed on for THREE MORE FILMS.

Also heres a little gem of a quote:

"Bello reported during an interview that the new "Evy" is different from the original "Evy". "She has the same name, but she's quite a different character," said Bello"

... Great. Way to do your job as an actor and play the damned character from previous films.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  3. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Blah, I didn't realize the hot girl sidekick got recast. That makes me sad inside. She's still :fap material though...>.>

But Jet Li? wtf? That's just odd.

4. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I thought Jet Li was done with action/martial arts movies after 'Hero'? Thebhe does that shit with Jackie Chan (finally got them in a movie together), and now he plays some mummy emperor warlord....dirty Fuckin' liar.

I'll wait till it comes out on DVD, and take a shot for every punch/kick/flip that Li executes; that's the only entertainment I'll get outta this flick.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Is your attention span that short?

...So is mine. I just want to see the three-headed dragon since half the bitches didn't even get re-cast. They should of just killed off her character. Died between movies. Cancer or someshit. Just write the bitch out.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Meh, I won't watch this shit. Mainly because most of the main characters are fucked up, Jet Li is the Mummy, and it's a Chinese mummy, and not an Egyptian one. >_>

They really fucked up the series with this film. Should've kept it at two films.

7. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

I think Fearless was his last movie. It even said in some trailers that "Fearless is Jet Li's last epic movie!"

8. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Yeah, that's the movie.Point is, it was supposed to be his last fighting movie...
    ...who puts Jet Li on a set without him kicking someone?

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They recast Rachel Weisz? I'm annoyed now, I was happily looking forward to seeing a possibly good film with some good actors and an incredibly hot woman... Bah, annoyed is definitely the right word for this.

10. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Those aren't even mummies. I guess marketing Terracotta Warriors I: Rise of the dragon Empire would be harder.

11. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Li meant he was done with Hong Kong-style flicks. You know, with the random flying and terrible SFX.

I think this looks entertaining and terrible. I get in for free, so I'll see it. If I didn't, I'd probably pirate it.

12. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First movie was all right. Never finished the second movie. Animated series made me gag. This...I probably won't see it in theaters, but I don't have any high expectations for it.

In fact, from what I saw in the trailers, it looks like shit. Abominable snowmen? 'Mummy madness'? Martial arts fights? And just how that Chinese lady said she would 'call his dead enemies to fight him again' sounded so damned lame. It's like they decided to mash a whole bunch of shit together to make THE BEST ACTION MOVIE EVAH. Jet Li just tops it off.

13. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

Yeah, I saw a pre-screening of this on Monday. If you really liked the first two movies, then I suppose you will like this one also. However, I thought this one was much weaker than the other movies. It wasn't horrible, but I'm glad that I didn't have to pay to watch it.

I was pretty disappointed when Jet Li didn't just kill everyone. He was capable of it, but he wanted to dick around and do some magic juggling.

14. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Looks like absolute shit. The many "mummy" one liners in the trailer were cringetastic and horribly cheesy. Not to mention the many other apparent deficiencies which others have touched on.

This film has a 5% rating on rottentomatoes. I can't remember a recent movie with this bad a rating.