1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Air Rivals -Free FPS MMORPG

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Illution, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Genres: 3D, Sci-Fi, Shooter, MMO

examples:

Fighting for base ownership:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfO6RFZJRNQ&fmt=18

Different Class(gears):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAlgFqW11bk&fmt=18

Intro:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwmV7dBLvcc&fmt=18

Mothership battle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6qtPIOumKA&fmt=18

Skills & game play of Healer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk_RMMwA1lA&fmt=18

This a great and innovative one of a kind MMORPG. It's got great graphic
    This game you fly Sci-Fi jets/tanks/bombers Planes to combat others. The game require a high amounts of skill to play. There are 2 warring factions and battles go on on different maps consistently.

Battles rage consistently from 1 vs 1s fighting for a mini-boss kill to 100s vs 100s of nation vs nations battle defending mother ships and strategic positions. During small scale skirmishes individual skills out shines the others side. During large scale battles it's up to the strat callers to pull a decisive win for the nation.

During large scale battles this game the nation leaders are like RTS players. They need to utilize every resource they have. Like strategic placements of groups in different maps. Ordering 3 front attacks, camp breaking etc. AN united nation under efficient leaders will win against greater odds and numbers.

There are a large variety of maps. There are vast open space, mountain chains with deep valleys wide oceans and narrow caves and tunnels.

In a since it's got every traditional MMORPG characteristics such as leveling. Having different types of skills to cast and able to enchant equipments. How ever equipments don't mean a thing when the opponents are more skilled like a FPS. An exceptional skilled player can win against a room full of average players alone.

So try it out if you want to play a high skilled required MMO FPS.
    Each class called gears offers completely different styles of play. There is the I-gear, fast mobile fighter fires homing missiles. B-Gear, the bombers with high burst damage that fires 20s of missiles non homing proxy per round. AG the tank that can land on the ground and shoot in air with rapid standard fires. and the M-gear the medic that have offensive and defensive buffs with very high defense and the ability to heal.( Like any MMO it does low damage and is impossible to lvl, but it's the only gear that can fly in reverse.)

if you do want to play. The current winning fractions are

ANI nation on the Helix server (slightly laggy due to large amount of players)
    ANI nation on the Orion server (medium population) <--I r ANI nation
    BCU nation of Augriga (ghost town)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  2. JCCS

JCCS Third Year

Downloading now. As long as the career play isn't too demanding it'll be fun.

3. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Is thisa modernised version of SpaceCowboyOnline?

Because I am pretty sure the factions are the same...

I remember SCO being quite fun but very, very grindy.

The only mission types you could recieve were really kill x number of enemy ships for x experiance.

So eventually it got very repetitive.

EDIT: It even has the same desktop symbol as SCO, tell me, are the classes called the A-type, B-Type etc.?

EDIT No. 2: Ok, it is SCO, I remember it shut down due to some issues with the Korean providers of the game over copyright, I never thought they would get it back online again but w/e, I was an I-gear 4 life on SCO, and BCU was mah faction. Pretty epic fn for a while, but like I said, veeerrry repetitive.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well I got bored with 2 Moons so I'll give this game whirl. What's your server/faction Illution? I like to start a game with a firendly face.

EDIT: Damn Homepage won't open, this doesn't bode well...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  5. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Home page works fine for me. :S I play on ANI Orion. ign: pewpew. The exp grind speed is a lot faster compared to SCO. It took me about 1 week to get to 60 where as it took me about 2 month to do so on SCO. Also there are quite a large amount of upgrades compared to SCO such as advance base wars and ownerships of your own cities for you brigade. There will be an large update in a month or two there will be about 10 more new maps and another race.

6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, I'm playing. Likely under the name Cess. Going to be Ani Orion, whatever that means. I'm still in the newbie area or whatever at the moment, killing wasp things.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, I just joined A.N.I.

7. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Downloading it now and its only 1.4 GB so I should be logged on and playing soon. Ill join Ani Orion also. Does AR have guilds(or the AR equivalent)?

8. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

There are equivalent of guilds and parties in AR. They are called Brigades and Formations. They are a lot more functions to them also. The brigades that do the most during factoring wars will earn rewards and benefits such as extra funds and owning their own base and cities. The formations are literally an formation of planes where you can latch on to the form leader and the leader will pilot and all the gears will fly in the form in a set pattern. It's quite important in the strategics game play aspects of the game.

Keep in mind that in the beginning that all the gear's style of play are similar except for A-gear, it being a tank that drives on the ground and all. But the style of play really diverges from lvl 20 and again more drastically at lvl 38 where the gear each get their own unique skills and engines that make them what they are. And late games the difference in gears take on a whole new level.

B-gears that have such a high damage output, they could one hit kill any mid to high level gears in a click if they have the skills to fly and aim. I gears that are so fast they out run most missiles before they hit and have the natural evasions to make those hits count as misses. M-gears with high natural defense that can make normal damage of 500s to 50s and shrug off the damage from 50 gears with 1 heal. A gear's guns will rapid fire damage so fast that will be able to kill anyone they met within 5 seconds.

9. Skykes

Thanks for the info Illution, was wondering which class I was going to pick. Usually I pick the healer class as that's what is in most need and so I would get into parties faster but Ill probably go with B or I gear :D

10. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

I advice you to not go healers as a first class because it is the most difficult class to level due to the fact the formations do not share exp. When I say slow I do mean really really slow it's about 3 times slower to the other gears in leveling speed. However people in the same formation do gain a decent amount of bonus exp for their kills.

11. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Hm, this actually looks pretty good, for a flying MMORPG.

But it doesn't really seem to be much else than flying around randomly killing stuff...

I might try it out, thanks for posting this.

12. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

The bases of the game is to fly around killing stuff. But it is a multi-player game and that means team work and strategy plays an important factor. The positioning of formations and timing of pushes and holding key positions are crucial. A small group of skilled players with the pull off the right tactics can clear off half a nation and help their own allies advance forward.

The late game is quite fast paced, it is somewhat exhilarating. Also for an MMO people can level their characters knowing it is for a purpose. The main focus of the game is the PvP. People can level for a few days or so and join epic battles.

Some more on the gears. The easiest gears to play in PvP are I-gears and A-gears and M-gears are the hardest but often cases the M-gears are the strongest. I've seen skilled MG-gears solo an entire room of enemies. No gears can kill a full defense M-gear one on one. Again the MG is incredibly hard to level and need an fanatial backer to be successful.

The easiest to level gears are I-G and B-G and as I said M-G being the slowest of around 1/2 to 1/3 as fast compared to the other gears.

M-Gears and I-Gears are not extremely useful in war situations until they reach high level as they do not unlock their true potentials of having high evasion and defense until then. A-Gears and B-Gears are useful in wars even from low levels.

13. Skykes

What level and gear type are you Illution? If you have the money for it you should set up a DLP guild.

55% done btw getting max speed(315 kb/s)

14. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

I'm only level 73 is unfortunately already in a brigade. Making brigades are free and it's easy if you join an existing brigade to gain help on hard missions are gain advice.

Watch this this video it show cases the main aspects of each gear and their final skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAlgFqW11bk&fmt=18

IG final skill lets them fire their missiles relatively 4-5 times faster and can spam them for 20 seconds. B-gear's Big Boom is a self sacrificing skill that does massive AoE damages to surrounding units and most of the times it's enough to kill them all. AG's hyper shot is an AoE damage that does much less but a still large amount of damage that's not self destructive. M-G is only gear that can pilot in reverse their final skill restores all their HP and Skill point( equivalent to mp)

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Illution, A-Gear on the ground is basically a Sniper, yes?

EDIT: Orion Server, ANI Nation when I can choose, ign:ZackZwick. I'm an A-Gear right now, but I'll probably try out everything before I choose for good.

16. Skykes

Their attacks are very powerful but they can also maneuver quite well(from what Iv seen). Im level 17 IG and loving the game so far.

17. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Pretty good. At least for now. Computer opponents better get harder though...

Server: Orion
    Faction: Ani
    Name: Chime
    Level: 20
    Class: B, most stats in attack and agility

How do you attack the enemy faction? People are always talking in chat about 'turtling' or whatever, so I imagine some battle is going on somewhere...

And what does agility/spirit do precisely?

And when can we start a DLP guild? :O

18. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

You can go in to a war anytime you want after you join a Nation but you'd die in a few hits. Today was the mother ship battle. Larges battles were occurring consistently all across the battle maps for killing Strategic points and opening warp gates. If you were on you'd probably been hearing leaders giving spaming out orders.

Mainly just kill level and get use to piloting and aiming. Grinding on NPC mobs are a bit like you training for pvp. If you want some in game advice or help on missions on anything just ask using the $ chat. Most players are friendly and will help you out.

Also if you are using B gears try to find a Bawoo missile. It's not used for regular firing but it's the weapon used in bombing mode and can one hit KO anything your level.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  19. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

do CPU's even fight back? killing things that are just running away is getting tiring...

20. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Those are the starter maps for beginners. In a map or two you'll find lots of aggros that'll rip you into pieces if you don't have the skills of out dodge their fire. On higher level maps it's quite impossible to grind with out a healer or lots of repair kits.