1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Demonic Ritual Dursleys?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by garion1500, Aug 25, 2008.

1. garion1500

garion1500 Third Year

The idea popped into my head and I don't know if it's been done before. Has anyone seen or heard of a fic where the Dursleys are into Satanism? (secretly of course). You hear the occasional story in the news about some weird family that does rituals in their basement and abuse their kids in it and such. Now obviously this is totally OOC for the Dursleys but it would make for some interesting reading. Supposing the Dursleys did this, how would Harry react when he suddenly gets his Hogwarts letter? Will he completely freak and break down because of the ritual abuse or will he choose to go and try to learn this new magic to get back at them for what they did and show them what real magic is? You could in theory explore the idea of demonic magic as a form of Dark Arts since we don't see many of those.

Anything?

2. Viper

Viper Fourth Year

Can't say for sure, but I once read an HP/X-Men crossover where the Dursleys used to do shit like that. Not sure if it was rituals, but I'm sure there was murder and torture.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's one in the WbA section I think, 'A lil' LaVey to Brighten Your Day'. That is pretty luzly, or it was to me anyway, and there are some other chapters on FF.net too.

4. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

You should read 'the big red button' first, pretty funny.

5. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

...I don't know why you'd want to read a story like this, but there have definitely been stranger plot devices that are popular around here.

Anyways, wouldn't Satanic Dursleys kinda lead them to worship Harry, since he could potentially tap into the darker aspects of magic? At the very least, knowing that Harry has magical powers that rival their own beliefs would certainly keep them from punishing him. Remember, the only wizards we can assume that she's been exposed to are her powerful sister, his powerful husband (that's a maybe), Albus Dumbledore, and Severus Snape - whom she quotes as "that terrible, terrible boy".

I'm sure you could find some cutter writing a Satanic Dursleys story, but I wouldn't expect to be impressed.

6. Admonkeystrator

Admonkeystrator Seventh Year

I'd be impressed if you were to get truly dogmatic in incorporating Satanism into a HPfic, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up more of a Warlock crossover...which would be pretty cool in it's own rights...but hard to work the Dursleys into, as even semi-main characters.... perhaps a House of 1000 Corpses crossover? lol