1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Theories

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Sol, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

I was wondering, could Luccio be the traitor? If the end of Small Favor is any indication she just ended his protection from the Raith vampires.

I'm curious as to other's theories about the series, so if you feel like it post away.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

As far as he, and the rest of the council is aware he has no connection or dealings with the White Court.

3. celestialdemon

celestialdemon Squib

The traitor has to be one of the four mentioned, since they were the only ones who knew the White Council's hiding place that the Red Court attacked. So unless Butcher is intentionally leading us in the wrong direction, the traitor has to be either Morgan, Injun Joe, Ancient Mai, or the Merlin. Considering the preview to the next book, I doubt it's Morgan.

4. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Butcher likes to really fuck you sideways with surprises, but as far as I know he has never really out and out lied (even in book) about something this important. I also don't think he's going to pull a JKR and have someone 'listening at the door'.

This makes him fairly predictable to a certain extent. I see Joe or Mai as the traitor and him/her having accomplices in the council. I think Luccio would be a good accomplice so to speak.

5. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    It has to be the Merlin he IS British after all. But all jokes aside it is most likely Injun Joe or Ancient Mai. They have the least depth Character wise besides the Merlin, and he could just as easily cover his tracks or execute who ever finds out if he was the traitor. Morgan is already outlined as the "attack dog" of the Council, A fanatic down to the truest sense.

6. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

I feel a minorities joke coming on. I really hope we get to see some Monoc involvement soon. Norse mythology makes my metaphorical panties wet.

7. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Well, considering that all of our information on the subject cam from Eb, I could be him. Just saying.

8. Knox

Ancient Mai is Chinese so naturally she makes a perfect candidate for a Spy, and Injun joe is Indian, so he can't hold his liquor very well and blabs council secrets to anyone who will listen. That take care of the race jokes?

9. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

That doesn't follow for me, the BC has never really cared if Dresden lived or died, in fact they've tried to kill him on several occasions.

If it was EB why would he bother bringing down a satellite onto his vampire "friends"? The count would have likely killed Dresden eventually, it makes no sense to help Dresden if you just want him dead.

10. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm leaning twords The Merlin or Ancient Mai personally, both have always been overly hostile to Dresden although that could just be because they are seriously strict about the councils rules...Although my judgment of Mai is greatly influenced by one of those DresdenXover fics(think its nuhuh's).

Edit: Disregard what I said. Mixed up canon with a few Dresden fics I read.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  11. Knox

*Stares at Skykes* Who hasn't been hostile to Dresden. If we used that as an evil scale Michael would be evil >_>, As well as Murphy, Charity, And just about everyone in the story. And then what about Morgan? He has tried to kill Harry constantly, Yet he is not evil?

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Until we find out more about Ancient Mai I'm gonna withhold judgement on her. We know that she voted against him when he first broke the Laws, but Kumori didn't seem to fit the bill for me. She seemed too... kind. So until we learn more about Mai's character it would be hard to judge on that.

13. celestialdemon

celestialdemon Squib

Merlin seems like too obvious a choice to be the traitor. I'm leaning towards Ancient Mai or Injun Joe. I know McCoy vouched for Joe, but that doesn't mean he still can't be.

Maybe Ancient Mai is working to weaken both the Red Court and White Council so that the Jade Court can rise to power. Nah, that's reaching a bit.

14. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

IMO thats actually a pretty cool idea.

15. Knox

I don't know, The Jade court are hinted to be the most powerful or at least largest of the Vampire courts. And they seem to want to keep to them selves so far. And it seems that surely the Merlin could sense the taint of a vampire on one of his top officials. I think the most likely scenario for the traitor is that someone from the Black council brain washed someone on the Senior council.

16. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

What? Where? I remember, like, one sentence about them.

17. Knox

I think it was Shiro that mentioned it. I can't be positive cause I haven't read that book in a long time.

18. celestialdemon

celestialdemon Squib

I only remember him mentioning that they were a very secretive group of out Asia. I could definitely be wrong, though. I'll check when I get home.

He mentions it in Death Masks, right?

19. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Yea all he says is that they are secretive and follow the Accords. I didn't say I thought it was likely, just a cool thought.

20. celestialdemon

celestialdemon Squib

Exactly right. Here's all that's mentioned.

Harry: "You ever dueled a vampire?"

Shiro: "Hai. Jade Court. Black Court."

Harry: "Jade Court?" I said. "I've never heard that there was such a thing."

Shiro: "Southeast Asia, China, Japan. Very secretive. But they respect the Accords."