1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

started writing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chronic dragon, Feb 10, 2006.

1. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

for the poeple who write stories. when and why did you start? i wrote stories in middle school. i got bored easily so when we were suppose to write essays i just wrote random original stories. but then i quit writing all together.

2. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I had never even typed so much as an english essay on the computer (I'd write them with pencil in bold print because my teachers were bastards and it was revenge) until I was directed to a DBZ fanfic from some person in chat. The story sucked, but I looked around for a while until I found something worthwhile. Eventually I gave up on trying to find good fiction and tried to write my own, sadly, mine turned out to be even worse than the stories I was close to flaming. (That was probably in 2000-ish. Yeah, I think I was twelve or so.)

I still write for the same reasons (unless I get a particularly evil plot-bunny) but I like to think my writing has improved somewhat. :roll:

3. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I wrote only one story before this and it was on paper...lost it a long time ago...i found fanfiction like 3 years ago so yea i just started writing a story again.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I started writing creatively when I was in 2nd grade and was bored in class. It was all on paper, and is all lost now.

After a 5 year hiatus (I got bored with writing) I started writing again during 7th grade because I was bored out of my skull in Algebra I... In hindsight, I probably should have paid attention during that class.

Again it was on paper, and the stories sucked, I probably have a few in an old binder in my garage.

After another 2 year hiatus where I wrote only non-fiction essays and pieces for my school newspaper (several of which were rejected because the school was rather conservative) I went back to writing creatively.

Since then I have been mapping out a project which I hope to complete sometime in the not so distant future.

Since about 6th grade I have just been jotting down random poetry at random times... Whenever the mood strikes me. This is one of my problems as a writer, I can't just sit down and write... I am just sort of reliant on those moments of insight... For example if you looked through my AP Bio or Calculus notes you would find the rough drafts of about 10 pages worth of my story intermixed with the functions of cells aand differentiations.

5. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

dbz was the what first turned me into fanfiction. i was reading some jerry springer/dbz crossover and didnt even know it was fanfiction. so when i was going to a secondary school i finished my english class so i was able to do whatever so i wrote a couple chapters for a story but sadly it never got put up and i ended up losing it. nowadays if i even try to write it comes out retarded. i didnt even read harry potter fanfiction until i i wanted to re-read the fourth book so i was looking to read it off the net since i lost the book but i got lost reading some stories and kept reading ever since.

6. apocalypsemeow

apocalypsemeow Professor DLP Supporter

I have been into ff for a little over 2 years, but didn't start writing until later this past year. Mostly because English class seriously sucked, and I needed a way to improve my writing skills. Then I had a hard time coming up with ideas, and stopped for a little while to plan out the story.

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Erm...

When: 'Bout a week or maybe two ago.

Why: Wanted to write an idea I couldn't get anyone else to write, and hadn't seen it done to my liking..

8. fatal

fatal Backtraced

A couple of years back i just decided to put something on paper : )

9. Saiyan Mage

Saiyan Mage Guest

Found out about fanfiction last summer. It was a DBZ(Dragonball Z)/SM(sailor moon) crossover fic. Then I found out about HP/DBZ crossovers, but finally i finished with HP alone. Then I was getting bored because i couldn't find great stories anymore, so i started my own....
    The first one was a big piece of crap..... the second is better than the first, but it still isn't GREAT. I always rush the story for no reason.

10. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

I started writing around Christmas because I had an idea and was really really bored. Been writing ocassionally since then. I have multiple-story-disease or whatever it's called though. Six Chapter Ones and not a single Chapter Two.

11. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    I started writing early this year. I had just finished a video game, and wondered about something, so I decided to write it out. Chapter one is still int he works...