1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

New toy

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So EVGA finally sent me something that appears to be decent.

After the 4 failures of a 680I I have gotten, the first lasting a year and a half, the next 4 months, the next being DOA, and the next being extremely bitchy, I said enough is enough goddamnit. I was sent this replacement board to make up for all the bullshit I've had to deal with.

It's a brand spanking new, straight out of shrink wrap evga 750i. New mobo support out of the box, basically they changed the older shiyy capacitors, and added some small bells, but it works better then the problem plagued 680i.

[​IMG]

So far it appears to run stabler on less voltage to the CPU Cores, hence cooler. The onboard chip temps themselves appear to be worlds cooler, and the integrated heatpipe design isn't horrible like normal. I'm hoping the added heatpipe cooling on the voltage regulators will let it last longer then your average 680i. Hopefully it wont fuck up this time, as I'll need to take my system apart alot in the coming weeks, I found some sort of contanimant in my coolant, got to get that out of there in case it spills, dont want it to become conductive due to some crap in there =P

2. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

That looks sexy, even though I wont ever buy an EVGA (not just because of your problems with them, a few family members have had their own problems with them too).

3. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

What's with the small yellow circle on the far right?

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just a pic I nabbed, thats where you do the pencil mod, shade in some lead on a resistor to make the board's voltage not drop under load.

5. SunderBolt

SunderBolt Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This wracks my little womanly brain..........but ooh doesn't it look like an arial view of a tiny city.