1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Triwizard Champions

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Kate, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Kate

Kate Elite Member DLP Supporter

Yesterday I read the last chapter of lulu42's Path of Decision, and while it wasn't by far the best chapter, this particular passage intrigued me:

When Harry was a dinner he saw George give him a thumbs up and knew that they had successfully managed to convince an older student to put their names in the Goblet.

Lulu42 used the usual approach of making Fleur, Cedric and Krum the Triwizard Champions, and I was thinking it could be pretty interesting to read a fic where the change in Champions make the fanfic divert (sharply) from canon.

So has anyone seen fics like that?

2. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    There was a fic I read a long time ago in my H/Hr days, where Harry doesn't get into the tournemant, and they use that time to do the 'training'.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by divert sharply. If Harry isn't in the tournemant, I doubt many people would write a Harrycentric GOF fic. And if by divert you mean entirely new champions entirely... what would be the point? OC Beauxbatons and OC Drumstrang students seem like something that would be fail 99% of the time.

3. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Using the Triwizard Tournament as a back-drop for a fresh and interesting plot would provide us readers with a very nice change of pace, I feel.

Aside from an old H/G fic in which Fred manage to become a champion, I'm unfortunately drawing a blank here. Any other takers?

4. Kate

Kate Elite Member DLP Supporter

I didn't mean taking Harry out of the tournament (Though I don't mind that, as long as Harry still is the main character), it just occurred to me that when 4th year is rewritten, Fleur, Krum and Cedric are never (especially Cedric, since there are a lot of possibilities for a new Hogwarts Champion) switched for other characters.

Putting someone else in Cedric's place, could have Harry interacting with that person (Romance, Friendship, etc), and that could be a start for a diversion from canon.

I said sharply, because I don't particular want to read a replica of canon 4th year.

Anyway, I just wanted to hear if anyone had seen a story like that.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  5. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I don't remember any where the characters where changed but I do remember a fic where the challenges were changed and it had a logical!Harry in it... I'll see if I can find that... In this fic Cedric was an asshole so that was different.

6. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I don't think you can really switch Fleur or Krum out but you could definitely replace Cedric.