1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Power of the Human Will by Shadowheart - R

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Shadowheart, May 22, 2005.

1. Shadowheart

Shadowheart Squib

Title: The Power of the Human Will
    Author: Shadowheart
    Rating: M (R)
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Angst
    Pairing: None (for now...)

Summary: After arriving at his relative's home, Harry decides that he can no longer just react to the actions of Voldemort. He needs to know what exactly is the Dark Lord's plans and decides on a course of action that will affect him profoundly. Will Harry be able to come to terms with the consequences of his actions or will the unthinkable happen and the Wizarding World fall into dark times? (Post OoTP)

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2402613/1/The_Power_of_the_Human_Will

Link: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=110

2. The beginning of your story is intriguing; for now it's different frrom most IndependentHarry fics (he doesn't suddenly find out that Sirius really meant nothing to him and he has to train if he wants to survive Voldemort and escapes, yada yada yada), but it's too soon to tell.

I would like to see some more (and longer) chaps, before I rate your story and I hope that your grammatical quality will stay the same ;)

3. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

OI!!!

This is a 1 year and 3 month old post!! This is called Necro-bumping. Don't bump threads!!!

If you have any comments leave it on the thread on which the story is at.

Plus go introduce yourself in the introduction thread and have a look at the rules of the board.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  4. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Wel, since it was never really commented on, I don't think it's against the rules.

Dark-Syaroan did the same with a James/Lily Fic a few days back, so it should be okay.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, but there is a reason for those bumps. It's to get the story rated so I know whether to delete it or not. Seems half the bumps werent even answered either.

At least this bump actually had something to do with the story and not retarded. Still, it's been a very long time. Read the dates first.

6. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Library threads are allowed to be bumped as long as it's a worthwhile post such as a review. Niffler Lord, you're not a moderator. Don't act like one, considering I specifically said that bumping was allowed in library threads.

Technically this is the thread that reviews should go, the story content thread is for content, or in the case of people posting for opinions (like TheJackOfDiamonds) in the story content thread.

7. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I apologize. I was not trying to act like a mod. Its just that that thread was over a year old and that there was a story thread that was much more up to date. So I assumed that, since this was pretty much ignored, that this thread was dead.

And I apologize to Moonlight-Shadow-of-Ivy to. In retrospect the wording was a little harsh (anf colorful) for a meaningful post.

8. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Googled it, apparently no link.

9. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

10. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

This story had a very promising start. It's post-OotP, and there's an obligatory tear for Sirius in the beginning, but thereafter there's no goblins, will reading, manipulative!Dumbledore, etc. It was refreshing.

Harry disappears from Privet Drive, somehow draining all the magic from his room (his wand, his cloak, etc.), and after five days shows up injured in Hermione's bedroom. No one knows what happened to him, and he thinks he's been on a deserted tropical island.

And that's where it ends. It's a decent mystery, and the story itself is very well-written. I'd say 4/5, but it's hard to justify a short, abandoned story in the library.

3/5 it is.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Links changed and fixed. This is one old story.