View Full Version : Learning to Breathe by onoM - T

nonjon
02-15-2006, 03:48 PM
Title: Learning to Breathe
Author: onoM
Rating: T
Genre: Action/Adventure/Humor
Pairing: Harry/Ginny
Summary: Harry Potter is 16 years old. He already defeated Voldemort, with the help of his Godfather Sirius Black. Now he is in for the biggest challenge of his life: attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2559745/1/

Yes, I know it's Harry/Ginny. But I'm really liking this fic anyway. Couldn't decide between the Godlike section, independent section, romance section or humor section. Decided to put it here in General for that reason. Harry's power and skills are pretty much off the charts, but he's essentially a mindless soldier, who is now trying to adjust and learn about how the noncoms live. Lots of mentions and comparisons to Full Metal Panic if you're familiar with that. Some nifty transmutation powers and such. And now with the latest chapter involving a 70' Nundu terrorizing Kenya, and Harry taking it down, I figured I should post it here since it hasn't been posted yet. I'm a sucker for a good humongously gigantic crazy powerful creature.

This is an alternative take on Jeconais' abandoned fic Aftermath. And yes, Jeconais gave everyone permission to pick up that story or write their own version.

Mrriddler
02-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Really, really good story so far, though I only skimmed it and read chps. 1 and 2. I like what I see. Thanks for bringing attention to it, nonjon. :P

MadEyes
02-15-2006, 05:18 PM
I like it and I've been following it since the first chapter was posted. It hasn’t disappointed me yet, so I highly recommend it.

Nymph
02-15-2006, 05:37 PM
I like this story very much. It gives a different perspective of Harry I've never seen before. Can't wait for the next update

Giovanni
02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
It was interesting...

cmuylistoooo
02-15-2006, 07:45 PM
been reading this for a while....just updated yesterday i think...man that last chapter was pretty crazy stuff.....this is kind of like reading fmp sort of...the author seems like an anime fan i think..

Galleon
02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Intresting story, very original...

razz
02-17-2006, 07:15 AM
I don't like his haircut.

His close-cropped thick black hair…

Or his bag.

An olive-drab canvas duffel bag…

And… can't get into the fic much, either.

Narf
02-20-2006, 03:56 AM
I like it, Ginny doesn't seem to be the normal fanon type...so far.

eXcalite
09-16-2008, 06:21 PM
This has been updated and I must say that I quite enjoyed it. The new mission will surely bring a new twist to the H/G relationship.

Korisovra
09-16-2008, 07:20 PM
I thought it was okay, despite the GW love. 3/5

Banner
09-16-2008, 07:33 PM
I enjoy it, although the ultra-virgin!Harry is getting old.

Grubdubdub
09-17-2008, 10:58 AM
I read it a while ago, and it was fine until a certain point, but then it got boring in epic proportions.