1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Time Travel/Universe Hopping

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Bratling, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Bratling

Bratling Professor

IIRC, this is a fairly recent story. I'm fairly sure that it was posted and/or updated within the last year. In it, Harry ends up in an AU where Neville is the Boy-Who-Lived and his parents are alive. Ron is a boy-who-lived sycophant, and Harry ends up friends with a lot of girls. Hermione is a jock in this one, and Lily and Harry design much better pads for Quidditch. IIRC, Hermione plays lacrosse or something equally rough, and end up being reserve keeper for Gryffindor in their first year because Harry suggests it when he's tapped for Seeker.

Does anyone recognize this?

Thanks,
    Brat

Never mind. I found it. Harry Potter and the Wand of Uru

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

From you description that sounds truly awful. Anyone, is it worth reading?

3. Bratling

Bratling Professor

It's another rewrite of the Silver Ageis story, Harry Potter and the New Life, that's here in the library. He nixed all the anime garbage and changed quite a bit. It's better than the original, I think. A good bit of the creepy Harry/Lily stuff is gone, too.

4. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Are you posting in the right forum? Maybe you clicked the wrong window and thought you were in a different forum, or something.

Perhaps you should get your eyes checked.

5. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What Chime said, the Harry/Lilly was probably the best part about that story.

6. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I could have done without the anime shit, but the Harry/Lily was awesome.

The rewrite is still better, but still sucks. Uber!Wands anyone? *puke*

7. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah, the Thor wand was utter, trite shit... but the rest of the fic was far better than the original.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think you are mixing two of SilverAegis' stories. The Harry/Lily story was another one: Harry Potter and The Girl Who Lived

In HP and the New Life there is just a bit overly fluffy family stuff - and the family trying to pair him up with Sirius' daughter.

9. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Sorry for necroing this two month old thread, but I'm reading Wand of Uru (only God knows why), and found this lulzy bit:

My Tip-of-the-Hat-to-DLP sense is tingling... *shifty eyes*

10. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I loled. I am not even sure if the author intended it to sound humorous.

The story isn't even half as bad as most of SilverAegis' rewrites - but that says more about the other attempts at unoriginality than about this fic.

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

This is probably the best SilverAegis rewrite I've read.

That's not saying much though. -_-

He still has this wand that grants him unimaginable power, and while it is slightly lulzy, I can't get into the whole Jock!Hermione thing, especially when it's foreshadowed that she's going to be a dyke in the future in a relationship with Harry's sister. 10 year old lesbian, wtf.

And even I'll admit that the Harry/Lily stuff in the original SilverAegis was creepy as fuck. I don't do 11 year old Harry/30+ Lily.

But at least the rampant anime bullshit and the pedophilia is gone. As are the numerous siblings Harry had. And his sister didn't call him "Bro" when she first saw him, that was a big plus.

These stories weird me out because they seem to push James in the corner while portraying Lily as a perfect mother and woman, while James is just a coward and just plain stupid. Oedipal? I think so.

That said... I'd rate the story a 2/5. One of these days, I'll do a one shot rewrite of this just to show people how it should be.

12. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

It's probably the best rewrite of SilverAegis' story that I've seen to date, but it's nothing great. The idea of an UberWand that could call lightning and turn into an axe of some sort really annoyed me. Compared to the original though, I'd agree there's significant improvement. 2.5/5

13. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

You're forgetting he's 17-in-an-11-year-old-body. :p But yeah, it is pretty creepy, considering.

I don't even fucking understand why anyone would add anime fuckshit to a Harry Potter story, let alone read that bunch of Japanese anal seepage.

Get on it Sree. :whipped:

14. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

I tried reading this, but . . . ugh.

On a positive note, I love the depth of knowledge the author displays. The use of eth and thorn made my e-pussy all hot and wet.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  15. Khortez

Khortez Third Year

You know, since this is a thread about time travel/universe hopping fics, I'm just gonna throw this out:

I've been trying to find a story I read a bit ago about Harry being as crazy as Luna in the future after he defeated Voldemort but lost his friends along the way. Some how he finds a time portal or something in Luna's storage shed and ends up back at around book 1.

Before hogwarts even starts he goes to it and gets quirrel killed by shaking his had and then offers it to snape. The title is something like "That Boy Isn't Right" but I can't find it on fanfiction.net.

Edit: Nevermind, found it He's Not Normal

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  16. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

^ That's a funny fucking story. Batshit-insane!Harry is epic win.

17. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

I tried my hand at a rewrite of Harry Potter and the Girl Who Lived. I think it sucks myself, but Im the only one to date that has finished a rewrite of a SilverAegis story.

As for the Wand of Uru...I didnt like it...The combination of uber wands, jock Hermione and iirc, a scene where 11 year old Harry is raving in Gryffindor tower killed it for me.