1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Overdone Plot Devices by citygirl1116

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by e1, Nov 6, 2008.

1. e1

e1 Third Year

Hey folks,

Tired of overdone plot devices? Well here's an amusing 14K rant that will hopefully keep you entertained for the next 30 minutes or so ...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1788260/1/Harry_Potter_and_the_Overdone_Plot_Devices

This little gem was written way back in '04 and has managed to receive over a 1000 reviews over the course of four years! So chances are that you probably came across this before and have no wish to read on. But for the others who haven't ... enjoy. ;)

2. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

That was funny :) Incredibly stupid but funny nonetheless.

3. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Incredibly stupid > Funny nonetheless

4. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    "Harry is back the Dursley's for the summer. In case we have somehow forgotten, the Author reminds us that they do not, in fact, love him. In canon, this would be evidenced by their being just generally unpleasant and grossly favoring Dudley, but since that is not nearly angsty enough for our teen author, they now starve/beat/torture/abuse/perform ritual sacrifices on/make him wear high heels, and all other manner of cruel and unusual punishment."

That's gold... pure gold...

I think that is one of the reasons I've been skipping the first chapters of so many stories... just so later on to find in chapter 3 that the story is absolute rubbish and not really worth the time...

5. azrael

azrael Professor

I managed to read a few chapters before I decided that enough was enough. I agree with Averis: far dumber than it is amusing.