1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

True Blood

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Perfection, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Perfection

Perfection Fourth Year

Recently I got into this show when I wondered what came before my weekly fix of Entourage.

Was pleasantly surprised, and now am quite addicted, if you have HBO I really recommend watching this and if you don't buy the DVD when it comes out, it's that good.

Thoughts?

http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Lafayette is the coolest nigger on the planet.

Sookie is a dumb Bitch.

and Jason is a useless prick. Those are my thoughts.

Yes, Bill is awesome. Thanks Mindless.

ALSO

SOOKIE FUCKING STACKHOUSE! What a name.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  3. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

^QTF^

Burger with AIDs is possibly my favorite line. What my bow-proficient buddy forgets to mention is that Bill is epic as hell. Although there's this weird degree of power he has. At the start, he gets taken down by two humans easily. And then he goes through a house like a tornado. Go figure.

4. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Couldn't get into it, the main character just seemed irritatingly stupid, might give it another try some time.

5. Moeed

Moeed Third Year

Well, they just showed a Shape shifter on the show and are also implying that fantasy creatures like werewolves are real in the True Blood universe, so I can't help but look forward to next week's episode :).

6. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I've just seen until episode 6, and it looked like a decent show, but a friend of mine who's read the novels spoiled me a bit of the plot, and fucking Jesus. I just hope they take a turn somewhere soon in the plot before this turns into the "author self-insertion" "Mary Sue-Fest" it's condemned to be if they don't...

7. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Moeed. For those that haven't seen it yet, use Spoiler tags or soft language. Don't want the whole story out before people can watch/read it.

8. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

The skill's of the Allan Ball (shows director, also Six Feet Under), made the show from decent in the starting of a sezon to epic in the end. Everything, starting with drop-jaw brilliant intro, through character development and dark, seedy climate makes me want another seazon.

This is one of the shows you should watch.

9. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I watch it, but it doesn't hold a cup to Dexter, which is on at the same time. Dexter takes the priority.

Season seemed short; but it is coming back for a second season.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  10. SerDel

SerDel Third Year

I couldn't get into Dexter. First of all, I don't want to watch the series in which the main character disgusts me. I'm not sadistinc enought to watch while he cuts guys into pieces like common psycho. Moreover, the actor playing Dexter played a Gay morgue-worker in Six Feet Under. And while that role was excellent, in Dexter he is just repetitive. Maybe it changes - I watched only the pilot.

11. Boo

Boo Auror

Just finished the first season. Its a very odd vampire story.
    I cant understand how you become a vamp. From what I know of vampire lore is that you have to drink their blood.
    Well that doesnt work in this story. Vamp blood is a drug.

And the whole vampire are our friends thing is fucking odd. They drink your blood and kill you, but they are not evil. They deserve the right to marry and inherit.

Also, am I the only one to notice the shit load of similarities between True Blood and Twilight.

New Vampire in town, fall in love Immediately.
    Telepathic person who hears everyone thoughts except Bill/Bella.
    Shape shifter friend who loves her can has to compete with vampire.
    Coven overseers protecting vampire law.

^QFT^

12. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

You become a vamp by drinking a large amount of vamp blood, fresh from a vamp may be a requirement. However that's not stated, just observed from s02e04.

The whole idea behind the show, is that every single character is 3d. Every person has a good side, a bad side. The characters are not all black and white. Look at the common themes between each episode, even the bad characters are not actually "bad". They have misguided belief systems, and are ingrained in a culture (human or not), that encourages their personality.

Also, the Sookie Stackhouse series (which TB is based off of), was published in 2001. Twilight was published in 2005, most likely Meyer just ripped the material straight out of the SS series.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009