1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Nine Tailed Serpent: The Darkest Era by LT2000 - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Dark Syaoran, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: Nine Tailed Serpent: The Darkest Era
    Author: LT2000
    Rating: M
    Pairing: N/A
    Chapters: 4
    Words: 44,841
    Updated: April 5, 2009
    Published: September 20, 2008
    Summary: Sequel to Nine Tailed Serpent. Uzumaki Naruto made an impulsive deal with a crimson-eyed devil, leaving his home and friends behind. Now, he wagers his life on a hopeless plan to obliterate Akatsuki from within, with naught but his existence as the prize.

Link: FanFiction.Net

Checked: June 7, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

This story is terrible and the author ought to be shot out of a cannon.

>_>

Lawl.

3. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

I'm just amazed that he actually completed his story.

5/5 for that alone!

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Made my first bit of tangible progress in what seems like forever on the third chapter of this story (I've had a lot to keep me preoccupied over the holiday season). Hope to have it done and posted in the coming days.

5. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Great news. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

6. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

I'm quite interested in seeing what happens with Orochimaru. It's not often that all three major villains in the series are alive at the same time.

Also very curious to both Itachi and Naruto's reaction to Pain's Six Paths <_<

7. Garrus

Garrus Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I can't decide if this is my favorite story or not yet. If not it's certainly number 2. The battle scene was great as always. The Pain/Hanzou battle was one of the best battle scenes I've seen in a while. Your portrayal of Pain is far more in line with canon then Howdy's House of the Holy which is a plus. I can't wait to find out Itachi's motivations in this. It's nice to see a good Itachi story. I was worried that Itachi's ridiculous death to Sasuke in the manga would destroy Itachi's potential in fanfiction.

8. Torak

Torak Death Eater

Its been updated Finally

The Naruto/Itachi Interaction is pretty funny

9. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Very interesting. I'm glad to see an update for this and that you're still continuing to make progress. I think this chapter was mostly a set up for the action that would come in chapter 4, but I nevertheless enjoyed it very much. Great job.

10. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

I liked Tsunade's aggressive approach as soon as she took Sandaime's mantle.

11. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

I like this story very much because the sequel has a different feel from the first book. It doesn't feel like you just added chapters to an ending, but it's like I'm really reading something new. Of course, it helps this is the best AkatsukiNaruto I've read. I also love Itachi and Orochimaru in this.

12. Gravity

Gravity First Year

Naruto is going to get drunk and bed Nibi in a few more updates.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Lulwut? I actually don't like Yugito all that much. >_>

14. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Madness.

What's wrong with her?

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Fanon, mostly. Everyone faps all over her because she's omg a junchuuriki just like Naruto, as though that means that she automatically can empathize with all his pains and problems (which I call BS on, giving that Kumo seems, at least on the surface, to treat its two jinchuuriki much better than Konoha and Suna treated Naruto and Gaara in the past, respectively). When I say I don't really like Yugito, it can also be construed as saying that I don't hate her either. She's practically an OC. All we know about her is her age, village of origin and the Nekomata.

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Fair enough.

Though when has that ever stopped anyone?

*cough* Yuugao *cough*

But generally, yes, fanon has certainly poisoned me against certain characters in the past.

I don't think that I've seen a single good Yugito fic out there, though.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm allowed to have my preferences in virtual OC's too (hot ANBU chick is hot). And Yuugao at least has a little bit of story development from the Chuunin Exam arc. If you want a character that fanon has really poisoned me against during my run writing Naruto fanfic, see Anko, Mitarashi.

18. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Yes, Anko is an excellent example.

I can't count how many fics I've started that portray her as a psychotic, bloodthirsty pedophile.

She put on airs at her introduction in the manga and authors have assumed that the impression she gave was her entire character.

I'd love to read a fic with a well-characterized and thought out Anko, but I won't hold my breath for someone to write it.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Welcome to fanfiction. Fans will always take one prominent trait of a character and exaggerate it to the point that it's the ONLY characteristic that person has, ignoring everything else despite canon evidence. Jealous Prat Ron, Slave To Authority Hermione, Condescending Asshole Sasuke, Stuttering Hinata, Psychotic Anko, take your pick.

20. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

You got that right, I still have yet to come across a fic where Anko isn't sadistic-sure there is the Story of Uzumaki Naruto but that is just too damn unrealistic.

Either you have realistic characters and they get fluffy or you have 2d characters who kick ass but you know there is something wrong there.