1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Sphere of Influence by Orodruin - T - Naruto/HP

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Sphere of Influence
    Author: Orodruin
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 35
    Words: 244,489
    Updated: December 6, 2010
    Published: June 10, 2008
    Summary: A personal matter can never stay personal forever. Voldemort is wreaking havoc, Kakashi is learning about a mysterious people known only as Elementals, Harry is trying not to get involved, and being declared AWOL is the least of their troubles. Sequel.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4313529/1/Sphere_of_Influence

This is the sequel to A Personal Matter. This story involves Harry coming back to England. The only thing I don't like about it is how he came back to England... but you'll see what I mean when you get to it.

Part 1: A Personal Matter (complete)
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3777014/1/A_Personal_Matter
    DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=11585

Part 3: Extending the Boundaries (work in progress)
    Link: www.fanfiction.net/s/6534243/1/Extending_the_Boundaries
    DLP-Thread: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=478267&highlight=6534243#post478267

Checked: June 10, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  2. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I notice that no one has posted in this, but I really don't give a shit. I just caught myself up on the story - I really like how Harry handles Snape, and I especially like that Harry is finally showing his ninja-awesomeness, somewhat. This is, in my expert opinion, the best Harry Potter/Naruto cross over. The strengths of wizardy and jutsu's is handled well.

3. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

I liked "A Personal Matter", this might be because I prefer the Naruto universe over the HP one, but I'm enjoying the sequel less than I did that one. I'll give it a 3.5 because of today's chapter and that Kakashi seems to have snapped...finally.

4. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

New chapter up. The assault on Hogwarts, and Malfoy getting stabbed in the gut. Good stuff.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not ashamed to admit I cackled with glee when Malfoy was stabbed. Good fun.

6. Bucks

:D

That just gave this fic a 5/5. I had a feeling that Kakashi would snap at one point. And when he did it was worth it. Too bad it was a useless character like Vector though. I would have preferred it to be someone like Snape, Flitwick and McGonagall, that and Draco to die. But this chapter was still made out of win.

7. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

What the hell this is like some on going crack fic with a sequel, love it!

8. Aakunen

Aakunen Second Year

Was updated again.

It's the only crossover between Naruto and HP that I like - maybe the only one that actually works (I didn't read too many of them and don't expect to start actively looking for this kind of stories).

Chapter was pretty good - liked how the author handled training without going into detail; Harry showing that even under the influence of the contract he still is dangerous was also nice.

The best part was definitely the conversation between Kakashi and Dumbledore - the last line was especially great - it was something that ninja like Kakashi would say.

Didn't like the prophecy part - It's iffy at best, but I will have to just wait and see how it'll work out in the end.

4/5

9. Bucks

Updated.
    What. The. Fuck :confused:

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He was mumbling about his father in his sleep. It's explained a couple of lines later that he was embarrassed for Kakashi, and because they share a father and Harry had no idea before arriving in Konoha.

11. ancientdragon14

ancientdragon14 Backtraced

Wow great fic. I'm so glad its updated. The story is fast paced and exciting, but also believable. There is no "super" character, because all characters are believable, having flaws and skills alike. Ninjas aren't omgipwnu to wizards and vice versa. Everything's fair.

I'm really enjoying this crossover. 5/5

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Sounds like a problem to me.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

^ That. Honestly, in terms of combat potential, Naruto ninja should realistically be so, so, so, SO far above HP wizards that there can't really even be a comparison. Show me any point in HP canon where any wizard has really pulled off anything that even a Genin level ninja can't match.

14. ancientdragon14

ancientdragon14 Backtraced

-invisibility cloak
    -broom
    -avada kedavra
    -crucio
    -basilisk
    -imperio

Magic is very powerful. A genin doesn't know many jutsu and what he can use just tires him out but a graduate Hogwarts student can basically wipe the floor with a graduate from the Academy. The equalizing point between the two is not age but graduation.

15. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Ninja are stealthy and have heightened senses, on top of tons of camouflage techniques.

Try again.

Questionable whether or not it's superior to ninja speed, even without taking Shunshin into account. Top tier ninja have no problem taking to the skies in a fight either.

Try again.

The most overrated spell in the HP world. A ninja has a million different ways to kill someone.

Try again.

Simple genjutsu. Ninja are trained to withstand inordinate amounts of pain. This is nothing compared to Tsukuyomi.

Try again.

There are plenty of ninja who can kill you with a stare.

Try again.

Genjutsu again. Ninja train their entire careers to counter external influence over their bodies. It's canon that Imperio can be broken by a strong-willed person. I'd guess that 9/10 ninja over genin level possess the mental fortitude and training to crack this thing.

A genin has superhuman strength, speed, and reflexes. On top of that, he has a (to the wizard's perception) perfectly viable teleportation spell, a powerful duplicate illusion, and is a Metamorphmagus.

That's all you need in a fight against a regular old human, which is what a wizard is.

Take away his wand and he's completely defenseless.

Six year old chuunin Kakashi could kill anyone in the Wizarding World.

And that's all I have to say about that.

16. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Personally, I agree... But in order to create conflict in the story, toning down the ninjas' skills is necessary. Whatever happened to that crossover fic of yours, Howdy?

17. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I may or may not finish up chapter 2 tomorrow.

How's that?

18. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to it.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

If you have to horribly rape one series in order to write a crossover with another and give it any sort of conflict, perhaps that's a sign that said crossover doesn't work and shouldn't be written. Nevermind how grossly incongruous the universes of the two series are (mixing feudal-era Japan and Victorian-era England...lol). The only way HP/Naruto can ever really work at all is by doing what Howdy is doing with it.

20. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Well... the ninja in this story are leagues above the wizards. Kakashi fought off Dumbledore, Remus, the token black guy, and a bunch of others... he only lost because Sirius popped up out of nowhere in the middle of the battle and stunned him. And I don't even think he used any jutsu...