1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Legacy of the Rasengan I/II/III by Tellemicus Sundance - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Legacy of the Rasengan I: Naruto
    Author: Tellemicus Sundance
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 37
    Words: 266,215
    Updated: Jul 2, 2007
    Published: May 14, 2006

Summary: It started as nothing more than a goal, inspired by a dream. It was the only thing he had to keep him going. Now, years later, it has suddenly become something...more. It has become his way of life. Slight NaruHina.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2938888/1/Legacy_of_the_Rasengan_I_Naruto

-------------------------------------

Title: Legacy of the Rasengan II: Makaze Rekidaishi
    Chapters: 8
    Words: 67,851
    Updated: Nov 15, 2007
    Published: Jul 2, 2007

Summary: It is a time of intense training. But as the Rookie 9 carry on with their lives and missions, some of them run into a very familiar face…
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3631232/1/Legacy_of_the_Rasengan_II_Makaze_Rekidaishi

--------------------------------------

Title: Legacy of the Rasengan III: Chuuten
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 39,718
    Updated: Sep 13, 2009
    Published: Nov 16, 2007

Summary: It is coming. What was once a dark horizon has now become a cloudy sky. The storm is approaching quickly. Fueled by powers of demonic origins, two of them are destined to rise above the rest. To fly on the wings of angels into heaven itself... DISCONTINUED! Adopted by FictionReader98
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3894376/1/Legacy_of_the_Rasengan_III_Chuuten

While FictionReader98 'officially adopted' the story, he actually didn't start writing it yet (see his author profile for further information).

---

The first story still remains one of my favorite Naruto stories -- next to The Legend of Uzumaki Naruto: A Beginning by General Grievous and Naruto: Altered History by Geor-Sama.

Naruto is smart and gifted from a young age. He creates many weak and powerful wind jutsus, and even an earth jutsu at one point. It all culminates in his re-creating the Rasengan on his own, with help from Jiraiya only at the very last step. The story is extremely good and well written, and the fight scenes are incredible.

The second story is just a sort of glimpse into the timeskip, not really long at all, a mere 60K words.

The third story... well, I dunno. I can't get into it. I forget why, but I'll have to try reading it again one of these days.

Checked by Minion, February 11, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  2. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

The first was an awesome read that I 've been following from pretty much near the beginning till the end. For some reason, that I can't put into words, neither the second nor the third book of the series really appealed to me. Some point soon, I'll probably find some time to sit down and read both.

3. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

I enjoy the Legacy series, but its highly unlikely that we'll see much progress. I get the feeling ff was his way of not going crazy from military life, and after being discharged he is moving past it.

The YYH story is good too, haven't looked at the Eva 1/2 yet.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Don't know how many times I've tried to read the first story and have closed it in disgust. I can't remember what actually bothers me about it, but I know it's enough to remind me what vomit tastes like.

5. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'm having trouble making it through the first few chapters as well considering they're an almost literal retelling of the events in the first few chapters of the manga.

I really don't understand why some authors feel the need to that. This is fanfaction - it's pretty much a given that your audience is familiar with the source material you're using.

When does this story get interesting again?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I remember liking the first one, but when that was finished and I tried to read the sequel I could never get into it. I just couldn't get past the first chapter.

7. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

The first one is good, in the sense if you've never seen Naruto before. It's like Naruto v1.1. It's different and better but not enough to really satisfy you since everything follows the exact same storyline, even when by all rights with the changes that have happened they should be different.

8. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Wow, we actually have a Naruto sub-forum now... I hate it when the computer crashes. I miss everything.

And yeah, decent story, not terribly great, but better than 90% of the Naruto stories out there. 4/5

9. Oversoul

Oversoul Muggle

This is a fantastic series, legecy one just gets you hooked and the writing is fantastic. Couldn't ask for anything more

10. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Naruto's training (I have in my mind this running around with weights described for too long) was way boring, and this story has a hardon for Sasuke. 3/5.