1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Red In Tooth And Claw by JA Baker - T - Battlestar Galactica/Halo

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Xantam, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Title: Red In Tooth and Claw
    Author: JA Baker
    Rating: T
    Genre: Crossover
    Summary: The Battlestar Galactica encounters the remains of a derelict warship drifting in deep space, and find a legendary warrior and his companion... BSG/Halo

Link: Red In Tooth And Claw

This is just a story I really enjoyed. It takes place after the events of Halo 3 and sometime during Battlestar Galactica, which I haven't ever watched. The description of Master Chief is great and the story is just very enjoyable.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

YES! The author understands the Master Chief, and I love the frank admission that he could single-handedly demolish everything had he the inclination. The BG crew face the dilemma - can they trust him? If they can't - too bad since they're screwed anyway.

The Cylon God and the Gravemind connection is interesting and hints at something greater.

There is an element of realism in there. It doesn't take much to penetrate it, but the fact that it is there improves the already competent story-telling.

5/5.

3. KubYnator

KubYnator Second Year

a) I'm blind
    b) there is no link...

4. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Wow sorry about that. Kind of an important thing to forget to put in. It seems to be too late to edit it, so if a higher power would edit in the link, it would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for the link franki.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Moved link into original post. Also fixed title. Remember to put the fandom in the title, as well as the rating, please.

Thank you.

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Thanks, I appreciate it.
    The update rate seems pretty slow at times, so it's not a story I watch frequently, but still very enjoyable. JA Baker seems to have way too many fics going on at once. If he would just focus on this, that would be excellent. Has anyone read any of his other fics?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  7. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Yes, I reccomend First Contact for little snapshots of what happens when Cylons find different "universes"

and Knight Errant for the same but with Bolos.

That's right. Bolo.