1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Incredibly Dense Mind of Lois Lane by nonjon - M - Smallville/Superman

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by nonjon, Nov 14, 2008.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Title: The Incredibly Dense Mind of Lois Lane
    Author: nonjon
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: COMPLETE. It's a few years post Smallville. Lois Lane and Clark Kent are both reporters at the Daily Planet, often covering the exploits of Superman. Clark decides it's time for Lois to know his secret. He just thinks telling her would be too easy.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3294180/1/

Yes, yes. If you didn't know I'm a shameless self-plugger then you're not paying very close attention.

And while the story seems more like a Superman mythos type fic, it was all the Smallville characters in my head, and Smallville canon I mostly borrowed from.

Nothing ground breaking in terms of plot. Just a fun little romp in a different fandom for me (only 10 chapters, 28K words). And truthfully, I think this is some of the funniest stuff I've written.

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Yup, but the story's legit :)

I read this a while back, and really enjoyed it. Anyone familiar with Smallville/Superman will probably like this a lot as well. I don't think the writing was quite as tight, or the humor quite as funny, as some of your more popular work, but I feel like that'd be comparing apples to oranges.

4/5

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I thought it was pretty good; I like it if for no other reason than the fact that it points out the utter absurdity of Lois not being able to figure out that Superman is just Clark Kent in glasses. Reminds me of one of my favorite comic book covers here.

4. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, PLEASE. I read this ages ago, when you first wrote, and I liked it then. Why should now be any different? Yes, the Spiderman/Other Heroes part is a bit... not as funny as the rest, but it's solid fun piece. I was almost disappointed when it ended, but the resolution was quite reasonable.

4/5
    -J

5. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Read it, loved it.