1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Soul Of The Seal: The Ninja Adventures by MrDust - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Aerin, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

Title: Soul Of The Seal: The Ninja Adventures
    Author: MrDust
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 11
    Words: 221,655
    Updated: Dec 27, 2009
    Published: Feb 23, 2008

Summary: EpFic1 The same village, the same life, but having one foxy friend will make all the diffrence. Please review, it's the whole point.
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4090674/1/Soul_of_the_Seal_The_Ninja_Adventures

Now, this may not seem like much and you may be put off at first glance, but it is really an excellent fanfic. Very heavy with the theory and so far, is a fairly original Naruto. I give this five severed thumbs up!

Nine chapters so far, 184,870 words. Definitely a fic to check out.

Checked by Minion, February 11, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

First chapter is simply painful to read. Cliche 'abused' Naruto and saviour fem!Kyuubi. Honestly, no one has to teach a (developmentally normal) kid how to speak their native language. Yeah, a kid not exposed to language won't learn it, but Naruto's surrounded by adults, he's not chained to a room. Made me blarrgh.

But trying to give this story a chance, I skipped down past the unreadable blargh...

The rest of the story is passable, so far as I've read to Chapter 2. It doesn't really do anything for me, but the writing isn't cringe-worthy like the first few thousand words of the first chapter. It's hard to like the story though, with 'perfectly innocent' Naruto, 'benevolent and sexy' Kyuubi, 'blind and slow' Sarutobi, and 'lol we hate you' villagers as the characters.

2.5~/5

You know the writer's retarded though when he does shit like this:

Boy3 and Boy2 also frequent the chapter. It's stuff like this that makes my head hurt. This isn't Doctor Seuss.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  3. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Its a good fic if your preference is FemKyubi and if your into that kind of stuff, which most anime freaks are including myself, but it lacks a lot of psychological melodrama.

3/5 for femKyubi though, but thats getting overrated and I am a bit tired of it after seeing like 1000! of them.

You want to see A REAL FEMKYUBI! Read CAGED FOX
    fucken crazy bitch is trying to eat Naruto from the inside out.

4. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

I honestly quite enjoyed this.

Perhaps it's the fact there aren't that many great fanfictions for Naruto that I enjoy, but between this, Team 8, Next and...another one, this is really all that's keeping me interested.

The psychological ramifications come later in the story and fortunately from what I can see, it won't be a Sakura pairing.

It may seem like Naruto is over-powered, but I think MrDust is doing it in such a way as to understate it all.

It can seem a bit angsty at times, not denying that.

I loved the Chatora scene though. *Snicker*

Regards
    A

5. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

This fic failed at everything...

Abusive villagers... Check!
    Unjustified bashing of main characters... Check!
    Fem!Kyuubi who acts like your average teen girl instead of a malevolent entity... Check!
    Transcript manga/anime with adding some power to Naruto without changing any major events... Check!

There is enough of shit like that at ff.net.

Reading this fic is a waste of time tbh.

6. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm adding nothing constructive to this post. The title just prompted me to add in a warning:

LOOSE SEAL!

(Watch out Buster!)

7. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I must say: Your comment made me more likely to read that fic than the one Aerin presents on this thread.

I'll refrain from giving any rating to this fic till I have time to check it out this week.

edit: Alright: I'll give 1.5/ 5 to soul of the seal. Even thought the author can write better than the usual fan-girl fics, the idea of a misunderstood kyuubi attacking konoha by mistake/sent bye people or god himself just suck ass. Kyuubi is a demon. End of story.

and what the hell is wrong with everyone and nicknames? Cant they get anything better than kit/pup/cub on these freaking fics anymore?

And caged fox isnt all that good either =D Until now all that you can see is kyuubi/hinata trying to have their wicked way with poor naruto.(not to mention he should be what, 12 at the time?) and the timeline is just way too messed up: one sec hinata leaves to go to the chunnin exam, then the other day shes back and the hokage is dead. 1/5

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  8. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I gave up this fic after the total ludicrousness that was the bell test. And of course we absolutely have to have Anko - the psycho bitch, being all round bad ass psycho, chasing Kakashi around as though he's a school kid. Really, Kakashi vs Anko is a no-brainer, Anko'd get pummeled. Fics where Anko is shown like this irritate me to no end. And as far as I've seen, there are nearly no fics around that show her realistically.

Bunch of cliches, canon events rehashed with a stronger Kyuubi!Naruto...if the writing was not as good as it is I'd have given this a 2, but as it is I'll give it a 3/5.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  9. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I... I... I can't even read it. The writing is okay, but it's by far the most unoriginal story I've read since that "Take Control "Harry Potter bull. It's a very rigid retelling of canon with a marginally different Naruto and an utterly unbelievable Kyuubi. This much I know from rougly skimming three chapters.

1/5. I really don't like this fic.

10. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Alright, I'm actually reviewing this for real now.

I'm a neophyte to Naruto fanfiction, so the cliches didn't bother me too much here, nor did the characterizations. Although waffy Kyuubi makes no sense what-so-ever, I can live with it. As long as I suspend my disbelief.

What does get to me - is the pacing of the story. FFS - we spend so much damn time just going through the Genin bell test. I just - see no plausible conclusion to this story at the pace its being written. Unless this is when of those freakish stories that exceed 1,000,000 words.

3/5 from me.

It's really not that bad (although I did enjoy H/G when I first started reading HP fanfics)

11. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

This story started out acceptable idly-passing-the-time reading material, enough so that I was following along when it updated.

It has rapidly degraded. The Wave Arc may now add another fic to its graveyard of suck.