1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Evening Sun by PLATINUM-LION --Anyone remember this? (final fantasy influence)

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by lightwater, Nov 23, 2008.

1. lightwater

lightwater First Year

Title: Evening Sun
    Author: PLATINUM-LION

Summary: (Yr. 6) The Sorceress is a powerful being capable of calling forth mighty spirits to her command and also can activate the power of the Magi Crystals

~150k words, FF.net story ID: 1483446

Basically this is one of my all time favorite stories, and I'm pretty sure it was taken off of FF.net sometime in the summer of 2004.

The story starts off with Harry, after OotP at the Dursleys', brooding about Sirius' death. Thankfully this lasts for all of two paragraphs, and then he receives a mysterious package with a lion pendant and leather boots, with large emeralds built in them that later "blink," like eyes. Vernon demands the boots because they look expensive, Harry refuses, kicks Vernon and runs away into the woods. He gets lost and pulls out some survival skills, catching fish and frying them on a heated rock. Meanwhile he examines his lion pendant, somehow knowing that the lion's name is "Griever."

Then a large dragon named "Weapon" comes and takes him away, while Order members try and chase the pair down in an aerial dogfight. They fail, and there's a short scene where Harry has to control Weapon physically, by pressing soft spots in Weapon's hide with his feet. They escape through a portal to an alternate reality where time is relative, and it is described as a world where heroes from many different worlds come to learn to defeat their enemies. Harry undergoes training using a device from The Matrix, where he "downloads" all the necessary knowledge about fighting. Tom Riddle was also supposed to be the "hero" of the Earth, but turned dark, so his memories of that place were revoked.

Okay so basically the story uses an enormous amount of influence from Final Fantasy, and words like Mako, wyrm, templar, paladin, ragnarok, masamune, Thor's Hammer, Sorceress, Cid, Rose, airship, sand worm, undead, Weapons, Master Hyne, AR-97, Terra, Overdrive, Magnanium Lancer, legendary dragon, crystals, and triforce should be familiar if you've read this story.

I have tons of notes about the story from memory if that little bit isn't enough to jog your memory.

Does anyone remember this? And if you do, does anyone know if this has been saved somewhere, or if the author is a part of another community?

Thanks, I'm just trying to track down this story; it's been haunting me for years.