1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP A Hydralisk Named Bane: The Bane Series by Deadfast - T - Starcraft

Discussion in 'Games' started by Richard, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Title: A Hydralisk Named Bane: The Bane Series
    Genre: Adventure/Sci-Fi
    Pairing: None
    Summary: Bullets will fly and scythes will slay in this ongoing action series where a pair of the most unlikely allies turned best friends must work together to save the Starcraft universe as we know it.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2169320/1/A_Hydralisk_Named_Bane_The_Bane_Series

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This story is a piece of fiction based on StarCraft. A Terran Ghost and a Zerg Hydralisk become unlikely friends throughout their adventures in the story.

The story is almost 150,000 words long, and still being written. The author Deadfast had started writing this story several years ago (I myself started reading it when he had chapter 5 or 6 posted). The story's paragraphs in the earlier chapters are basically blocks of text, but he later fixed that in his newer chapters. The story was originally posted on StarCraft.org, but the site's been down lately for some reason. However, it is posted on FFnet.

The story is full of action and description. The story gets a solid 5/5 from me for being such an excellent story, despite it having ugly blocks of text in the early chapters. He could literally pass for an actual author. In any case, I thought it is such a great story, I wanted to post it here, and see what everyone else thought of the story.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to add the link until you mentioned it. I added it now.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Link.

I remember reading this a few months ago, but the writing style seemed too stark... Action scenes passed me by without much of an impact, the main human character seemed lame without being three-dimensional.

Will reread to refresh my memory when I have the time.

3. Methene

Methene Auror

Here is the link.

I have read it in the past. I remember some good humour, some repeating concepts and a lot of unnecessary military lingo. Seemed forced slightly, but amusing nonetheless.

I had read it on starcraft.org, however, and had no idea it was so large/still going on.

I will reread and rereview.

4. deadfast

deadfast Muggle

I know what you mean with the early chapters-I've always wanted to rewrite the first season but never had the time. Thanks a heap for reading, too; it's really cool to find news of Bane stretched across the reaches of the internet!

By the way, chapter 17 is nearly complete.

5. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I seen you've found your way to DLP. Welcome.

Glad to hear you're still writing. You can also find beta's here if you need them. Some will no doubt volunteer for that.

6. deadfast

deadfast Muggle

Bane 17 is now complete and available at fanfiction.net.