1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Shin Angyo Onshi

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Oujou Akaash, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

[​IMG]

In my opinion, this is the best manga i have ever read and i don't think nothing else can top this IMO.

Anyone ever read this completed series of manga?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Yes, I have. It's excellent.

Or at least it was when I read it. I remember it having an great story, etc. I can also remember not being entirely happy with the end, but I can't remember what it was... -.-

But yeah, one 'o the greats. Closest rival is that Viking manga, whatever it's called.

3. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

The viking manga is Vinland Saga, which is better in my expert opinion.

4. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

I don't think even Vinland saga can top this manga imo. It's more on the league with Zetman or Akamatsu. The plot is too intricate and amazingly well done it just pulls the readers in even more. The character development in this story are far too well done and the action scenes are just such an amazing thing to see.

It's far more addictive a read then anything i've come across.

5. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Hell no Akametsu is in a league of its own!

6. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Excellent manga that has a nice sense of humour throughout it. Out of all the series I've read I would rank it in my top three, right behind Berserk and Battle Angel Alita. It still can't beat those two in story, characterisation or trump Berserk's artwork as it progressed. The most annoying thing I found with this series was trying to remember all the Korean names.

[​IMG]

Aji-Tae was so much cooler when he looked like a nerd in the flashbacks.

7. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

It was a very good manga that I finished a while back, but I certainly wouldn't call it the best, whether that is said subjectively or not. Personally I prefer mangas such as Akumetsu, which is probably my current favorite.

8. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

lol not in my book. He was much better now then what he looked like back then when he was still an "adviser" with glasses. Honestly, i wouldn't take the manga seriously if he still looked like that back then lol

But anyway, does anyone know the full extent of Aji Tae's powers?

9. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Aji Tae full powers were never really shown in the manga as there was no one else even close to his level. All we know is that he possesses a large range of magical abilities, among them the ability to resurrect the dead, explode people with a mere glance, shapeshifting, and teleportation. The bolded part is left rather ambiguously.

Seeing Aji Tae going all out would have been pretty damn cool though, nothing would have survived except Munsu because of that curse.

[​IMG]

This page of Kaidaiten gets me every time.

Btw, apparently the authours are working on their next comic called Burning Hell. Probably won't see anything of it for a long time though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2008-06-16/phantom-master-duo-launches-burning-hell-manga

10. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

He is also very powerful with the mind, correct? He can also read minds i think and predict the future before it even happens.

MrMucus@ What do you mean Burning Hell? Is that the continuation of the Shin Angyo Onshi?

11. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Unfortunately no. It's just a new series that both the author and artist are starting.

12. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

That sucks. Wonder if there new series would top this one.

13. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

The art is pretty awesome, but the story doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Granted I've only read the first five or so chapters, but it seems to me that the only plot to this series is 'Munsu arrives someplace where there is corruption, he then proceeds to destroy said corruption, and then move on to the next place'. Very similar to Akumetsu except not as flat, though that isn't saying much.

14. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

That's pretty much only a setup. The real plot doesn't begin till later. Just keep reading and you'll see.