1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Terminator: Salvation Trailer 2

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Joe, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Well, what do we think?

Latest trailer

Personally, I'm giving this a tentative "FUCK YEAH!".

But then I've always had a hard-on for apocalyptic shit.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Looks like it could be interesting, but if it turns out to be just another random action movie like they did with Quantem of Solace ... meh.. High chances of this. :/

$50 says they don't even explain why dude doesnt know what year it is, or why the war still happens.

3. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Because Judgement Day is inevitable.

4. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

I'm still trying to figure out why they keep popping out these movies. It's getting a little annoying.

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I still think they should have ended it with the second one, or at least went a different direction with number three.

But... who knows. I'll have to wait and see.

6. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

I think I just leaked some clear fluid in my pants. Good God that looks fucking awesome.

The second thing - How cool must it be to be Christian Bale? He gets to play Patrick Bateman, Batman, and John Connor.

7. Karas

Karas Squib

I agree. As sweet as TS looks, and Bale pretty much owns in Batman, there is nothing quite like Patrick Bateman. One of my favorite movie scenes ever is comparing business cards. Dear lord, it has a watermark. The ATM tells him to feed it a stray cat, come on! :D The book discusses at length the superiority of Huey Lewis and the News and their statements about the joy of conformity.

That said, I greatly look forward to Salvation, even if it 2 hours of Bale running around shooting robots with an AR15. At least, the CG will probly kick ass

8. Sferics

Sferics Second Year

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I just hope to god they nixed that fucked up ending that was leaked. John Conner can't be made into a fucking Robot.

They're already fucking up by having the Terminator 800 series ready too early, but you kinda have to have them in the movie I guess. They're not as refined as Arnie yet though.

The guy doesn't know what year it is because.. well, you can figure it out if you're following the movie at all. The robo bikes are cheap, the big ass walker you can barely see if pretty sweet though. Hope they dont screw it up.

10. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

What I have been waiting for. Movie on the actual terminator wars should be epic and satiate my terminator awesomeness cravings.

11. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

OMG!! Did anyone else hear christian bales long ass rant against the camera man? He makes short work of the poor guy.LOL.A- This should have its own thread no matter how old it is.B- Did anyone hear the remixes and McG bending over for Bale. Mucho lulz

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  12. Philly Homer

Has anybody else seen Terminator Salvation?

I liked the movie, a lot. Sure, it had its faults, but I was willing not to nitpick for the sake of entertainment. Bale absolutely nailed John Connor. Sam Worthington (Marcus Wright) was stellar in his performance. The guy went toe to toe in terms of intensity with Bale, which is quite a feat. Anton Yechin was good too. He was on the verge of annoying in Star Trek, but he played his part well with the icy stares and all.

13. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I don't understand why critics hated it so much, but I enjoyed it. The movie had some wtf moments (cough heart cough), but overall it was enjoyable. I thought the greatest flaw was Christian Bale as John Connor. People lately think Christian Bale is the end all be all actor, but I don't think he was appropriate for the role, and I thought he was overshadowed by Sam Worthington's character. I honestly couldn't give a shit what happened to John, I cared more for Marcus, Kyle Reese, and that hot semi-asian chick.

14. Murton

It's always the hot semi-asian chick

15. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Was that really Schwarzenegger, or just a look-a-like?

Edit: Nevermind. I looked it up on IMDB. Wasn't him.
    Looked like him, though.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  16. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

17. Murton

Arnie also did the voice over didn't he?

18. Philly Homer

This^^^

McG went over to CA to digitally impose Arnold's mug on a body. In my opinion, that was a pretty good cameo.

19. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I just got back from it.

I'm as surprised as a lot of you. I read some of the other reviews and I was worried this movie was going to be worse than T3 but I was pleasantly surprised.

This was up there. maybe even comparable with Star trek.
    The only thing I would really change about this movie is make bale and the guy playing marcus switch roles.

I too am starting to get sick of seeing bale everywhere. It has nothing to do with his rant thing. it has to do with me seeing him and thinking batman.

I actually leaned forward when digi arnold came on screen. it was the best of both worlds. You keep the cannon and get the original terminator, but you loose the governator.

Actually a topic came up when we finished the movie.

I asked my friends if kyle reese had never sexed up sarah, or even came back in time. Would there have ever been a skynet.

my reasoning, Sky net was built by cyberdine based off the remains of the first terminator. [T2 based cannon]

So if kyle never had the sexy time wiht momma connor, john wouldn't have been born, no terminator would ever get sent back in time to kill him around the location of skynet. Hence they would never have terminator parts to play with, and never be able to do the ground breaking research with the chip and arm.

Hence Skynet would never exist.

if you think about it, we don't know what a future without time travel would be like in the terminator universe. For that to be possible john connor can not exist simply because kyle reese would not be aroudn to father him yet.

I'm wondering if they'll ever ask those kind of questions, or if they'll ever address the issue.

any opinions?

20. Murton

There are multiple timelines in the T Series.

The timeline in which T1 terminators came from, they went into a different one in which T1 takes place. Then it creates the one in which T2 terminators come from to create one in which T2 is based.

Then we have a divergence in T3 another two and TSCC another 8 or something. And then T:S which is another two I believe.